Join now - be part of our community!

Why not have remote play ps4 with the 4g?

pas2br8t
Visitor

Why not have remote play ps4 with the 4g?

Pourquoi ne pas avoir le remote play ps4 avec la 4g?
Why not have remote play ps4 with the 4g? - GT

5 REPLIES 5
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @pas2br8t, let me see if i can be of any help here.

Firstly, I have translated your question to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

As one of the requirements for PS4 Remote Play to function is a WiFi-connection, it is not possible to use Remote Play using only a 4G connection. You can reed more about Remote Play here.

I hope that this information gave an answer to your question. Feel free to return to us if you have any further questions!

Jasswalker
Visitor

You allow remote play over the internet (wifi to wifi) so why not over 4g (4g to wifi). It makes no sense. Surely there is little difference. 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Jasswalker and welcome to the support forum! 

I am not really sure on why Remote Play works only over wifi, but from my experience and according to the information I have regarding it has only worked and will only work with a stable WiFi connection . Could be that 4g is not concidered stable enough but that is just a guess I am afraid. 

But if you use your mobile as a hotspot to say a tablet then remote play works fine. Still ultimately a mobile data connection tho, which is why none of this makes sense. 

Infernoz
New

Yeah now even with 5g and still Sony dosnt allows it...good luck cuz Microsoft is doing it you will be left behind pretty soon just like Block buster did refusing Netflix. The future of gaming is remote and using wifi to do it is pointles gg