Join now - be part of our community!

Performance issues after update to 32.4.A.1.54

raspberry4all
Visitor

Performance issues after update to 32.4.A.1.54

My Z4 tablet was working great before the latest update to 32.4.A.1.54, viewing TV with molotov app was perfectly fluid. Unfortunately I accepted this 32.4.A.1.54 update and now it's completely jerky. The system update is the only thing that changed...

Sony, please fix this, or tell me how to uninstall this update...

TIA,

Fabrice

39 REPLIES 39
Storm973
Visitor

J'ai le même problème. Et c'est pire avec canalsat, l'image se fige tout simplement et le son continue normalement. Quelles solutions ?

I have the same problem. And it's worse with canalsat, the picture just freezes and the sound continues normally. What solutions?

GT

Sonysucks28
Visitor

I have the same issue in Google play

DRubio
Visitor

Heyyy where's the MHL  support??? this update has blown away mhl on my tab z4. Face_with_Steam_from_Nose

Silverghost
Visitor

I have the same problem, spoke with Sony for an hour last week, also spent 2 hours on the phone with Google as downloaded films/programs on Google Play are now unplayable, constantly freezing etc.

Sony, please sort this out, I have spent a fortune purchasing programs/ films on Google play to watch them on my 3 hour daily commute but can't any more.

Seriously thinking of ditching the tablet via ebay and moving to a more reliable Samsung model

Shaquer
Visitor

Same to me. Factory reset does not help.

Clarkee280
Visitor

Update has killed Google Play movies, playback is stuttering, unable to watch. 

I remember having the same problem a couple of years back on a Z1 tablet and the fix was to change a setting in 'Developer options', Media: Awesome player & NuPlayer.
I have checked on this current Z4 tablet but the option has been removed.

I'm starting to think it maybe a android software update causing this issue?  I am loathed to perform a factory reset at this time due to the amount of time reloading and setting up accounts etc, it most like wont solve the problem either.
Any thoughts on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

RDT64
Visitor

32.4.A.1.54 has left Google Play Movies with the video studder issue, pretty much making my Z4 tablet useless in terms of the major reason I bought the thing.  I've tried  factory reset and disabling Movie Creator but the problem persists.  Sony, I love this tablet but FIX the problem and, if it'd not be too much trouble, preferrably without screwing up anything else.

Steeloy
Visitor

Same here! Google movies are completely unusable after update. I cleared memory, tried different versions of the app, factory reseted, nothing changed. If this remains I can bin my Z4! And also I won't be buying any Sony android product anymore.

Z4 TABLET LTE, ANDROID 7.1.1, v32.4.A.1.54, PLAY MOVIES VERSION: ANY, COUNTRY:UK

RDT64
Visitor

After my LAST exchange with Sony "tech Support", I fixed my z4 problem by replacing it with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and will be limiting my furture Sony purchases to less complex devices.