Join now - be part of our community!

Performance issues after update to 32.4.A.1.54

raspberry4all
Visitor

Performance issues after update to 32.4.A.1.54

My Z4 tablet was working great before the latest update to 32.4.A.1.54, viewing TV with molotov app was perfectly fluid. Unfortunately I accepted this 32.4.A.1.54 update and now it's completely jerky. The system update is the only thing that changed...

Sony, please fix this, or tell me how to uninstall this update...

TIA,

Fabrice

39 REPLIES 39
cradlefish
Visitor

UPDATE 

Google have now got bug reports and screen shots etc of the problem. Whether they eventually find a way round it is yet to be seen but they have at least constantly kept in touch to say they're working on it. An interesting development (and I'd be keen to know if anyone else has this issue) is that whereas YouTube videos will play fine, my purchased content has the same problem as in Play Movies - stuttering and stopping - this is most suspicious. 

Nofaith
Visitor

An news or solution?

cradlefish
Visitor

Not yet. Weirdly, after not using it for a couple of weeks the problem seemed resolved then, after I powered down the tablet, the issue returned. Google have new bug reports. Weird.

profile.country.US.title
JohnW1981

I'm waiting to hear back from Sony customer support and Google app support about this. Mine had no issues before the September security patch update. 

Kalek0
Visitor

My tablet has been unusable for video since the 32.4.A.1.54 update.  It's now April, and so far no apparent progress on posting a fix.

This is nuts, I am literally buying a new tablet now under the assumption that Sony doesn't seem to have noticed that they broke key functioanlity in one of their products.

I love Sony's industrial design, and really loved using this tablet.  Breaking a $600 device with a software update is wildly unacceptable.  As much as I loved this tablet I can't imagine ever buying a Sony Android device again.

profile.country.US.title
JohnW1981

Customer care have asked me to send mine in but it's from a third party retailer pre-owned  so I'm unclear whether the warranty is still valid. Problem is also lack of alternatives, both ipad and Samsung are 4:3 aspect ratio and the Samsung keyboard has usability issues. I'm also going to try phoning the Google app support, I've send feedback via Google settings menu but it doesn't seem to generate a direct response 

cradlefish
Visitor

Google have just asked me for a second bug report which I've sent. I've sent one via the app and one via developer options. What I find so weird is that it only (on my tablet) affects content purchased through Play, both in the app and via YouTube. Every other video playback app runs fine.

I'm hopeful Google will solve this - will post again as soon as I get somewhere. 

profile.country.US.title
JohnW1981

Google have taken an error/bug report from me but said ultimately the issue lies wth Sony as they push the updates out. Not had much help from Sony other than being asked to send it in for repair which I'm not prepared to do as I'm not covered by warranty.

Dave74
Visitor

Hi all - I've been chasing this issue with Sony Support since Decemeber and after numerous emails back and forth, still no further forward.  Essatially the hardware is incompatible with the vidoe player that was downloaded with system update - the issue is with Sony, not Google.

It would appear our devices have been 'broken' by the system update, as what was an original inherent feature of the device, has been disrupted by the update.  Sadly Sony don't seem to bothered by this.

I suggest you all email details to operatorsupport.uk@support.sonymobile.com and specifically mark for the attention of Ash Banks, who is a complaint manager.  He is aware of the siatuation.

If anyone has luck in sorting this out, please post on the forum.

Dave

profile.country.US.title
JohnW1981

Cheers Dave, did you know theres a whole bunch of other threads on this topic but titled differently? "video playback",  "32.4.A.1.54 update", etc. I flagged them all the other week asking if they could be merged but i don't think they have