Join now - be part of our community!

Performance issues after update to 32.4.A.1.54

raspberry4all
Visitor

Performance issues after update to 32.4.A.1.54

My Z4 tablet was working great before the latest update to 32.4.A.1.54, viewing TV with molotov app was perfectly fluid. Unfortunately I accepted this 32.4.A.1.54 update and now it's completely jerky. The system update is the only thing that changed...

Sony, please fix this, or tell me how to uninstall this update...

TIA,

Fabrice

39 REPLIES 39
Queensman
Visitor

Same here!!  Major problem with play movies and TV!!  No reply from Sony about a fix!!  Have done all of the trouble shooting advice and no difference at all!!!  Hate to say it but ipad is looking good to me now!!! 

Stewillmalin
Visitor

Also experienced the same issues, Google Play Movies is useless regardless of whether a movie is downloaded or streamed. 

Turned a once brilliant tablet into a pretty frustrating waste of space when travelling and flying as can no longer watch anything 

Anyone from @SONY be polite enough to comment in here?

Nofaith
Visitor

Same here. My Xperia Z4 is still unter warranty, so I will send it to Sony.

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

I think we won´t get any further update for our Z4 tablet...
--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
cradlefish
Visitor

I tried all Sony's and Google troubleshooting advice including factory reset and software repair. No good. Sony suggested I got back in touch with Google after software repair didn't help. Not sure what good it'll do. I guess we'll have to wait for another update. Which may well break something else...

DaveH74
Visitor

Same issue here.  After contacting support have performed software repair - same problem.  Sent for repair as still under warranty. 

Got a quote back for £125+!!!!!!!! 'Electrical fault'.

Phoned up and complained, pointed out it was down to the software update, as Google Movies is a pre installed app, it should be expected to work with any system update. Was told the new 'video engine' in update in incompatible with my hardware.  (same problem effects my Z5 Premium after update, but not Z3 Tablet Compact add it didn't have update). 

Complaint got escalated.  One week later not heard anything from Complaint Manager who was to get back to ..... But tablet arrives back today! Test note inside says issues resolved, but doesn't state if circuit replaced, as that was what they said had to happen when issued quote. 

Just set tablet up again..... 

VIDEO STILL FREEZES AND LAGGS ON GOOGLE PLAY MOVIES!!!!! 

Come on Sony, you're having a joke here. Really starting to get frustrated with this.  And if my Z4 isn't fixed after being sent back to you, what will end up happening to my Z5? 

DaveH74
Visitor

I sent it back under warranty.  They tried to charge for a repair,  I complained, so they sent it back 'fixed' and it still doesn't work! 

Kalek0
Visitor

The 32.4.A.1.154 update on my SGP771 made my tablet (which I otherwise love), completely unusable for video!!  For me all apps are effected but specifically I'm frustrated with the inability to use Hulu and YouTube TV, since that was the primary use of the tablet.

Method to resolve seems like it is going to be purchasing a new tablet, which is kind of bonkers.  Please QA your updates.  Not getting an update at all is highly preferable to an update that makes a device useless!!!

(Some search terms for others looking for this thread online: Sony Xperia Z4 video playback choppy, stutter, stuttering, pausing, broken, unplayable, glitching, unwatchable)

Marts71
Visitor

I'm not the only one then,my z4 tablet is also laggy now and movies streamed or downloaded from the playstore are buffering like crazy and unwatchable!! 

Dave74
Visitor

UPDATE ON ISSUE - HOW UNHELPFUL SONY HAVE BEEN......

After sending my tablet off to Sony, and initially being quoted £125 to repair (as it was my fualt for accepting a system upgrade that made 'my video playback engine incompatible with the hardware), I was asked for proof of purchase, which I duly supplied.

A complaints manager was to come back to me to confirm all was okay with, however within a week I received back my tablet, with a 'test' result stating 'fault resolved'.

It was not, it still doesn't playback movies properly.

I fired off another email to complain, including all origainl reference numbers.  I received a reply, 'we are sorry to hear...etc...etc....have you tried software through the Xperia Suite???...etc....'

HA HA HA !!!!!! I replied 'have you read the email I send you properly, as I explained I've done all that, and even it sent off for reapair, and it still doesn't work properly.  You know there's a problem with the Video Engine / Player after the update, because people are complaining about it on the Xperia support page and forums'.

A complaints manager is now looking in to this......er. 2 weeks later still nothing.....

So it looks like there's no solution, and Sony aren't particularly interested in doing anything about, it..... They really just aren't interested.

If anyone else has had a similar experince then please let me know.