Join now - be part of our community!

Is anyone using an Xperia Z4 Tablet?

elysse77
Visitor

Is anyone using an Xperia Z4 Tablet?

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering how it's doing now. How long have you guys had it and if you still got. I was also curious to know how it is preforming on current Android software (if it can) like Android Pie? I want to get one of these one day, they look real good and it was given good reviews back then, so I want to know if those reviews still hold up.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
drlmiles1
Contributor

I'm still using mine, far more often than I use a PC. It was a great tablet in the day, but it has not been updated in a long while, and is stuck on Nougat (Android 7.1.1). The combination of tablet and attachable keyboard is superb. 

I would seriously question the wisdom of buying one now, though. If new, it will not have been charged since it was produced. Lithium batteries are notorious for not working properly if they have not been charged for years. If you buy second hand, then the battery will have been charged many times, and will likely be nearing the end of its life. 

In my opinion it was the best Android tablet ever made - I have yet to find a suitable replacement. 

Kikidu50
Visitor

Bonjour

J'ai une tablette Sony Xperia z4 depuis mai 2016 je l'ai toujours je m'en sers plusieurs heures par jour et j'en suis hyper satisfaite je ne le changerai pour rien au monde. Elle est fine, légère. Mon fils s'est acheté la même et il en est ravi. Je vous recommande donc cette tablette.

Hello

I have a Sony Xperia z4 tablet since May 2016 I always have it I use it several hours a day and I am very satisfied I will not change it for anything in the world. She is thin, light. My son bought himself the same and he is delighted. I recommend this tablet.

gt

drlmiles1
Contributor

Hello I have a Sony Xperia z4 tablet, since May 2016 I always have it. I use it several hours a day and I am very satisfied - I will not change it for anything in the world. It is thin, light. My son bought himself the same and he is delighted. I recommend this tablet. (Google Translate with a little editing)

Thanks for that response - I love it too

profile.country.IT.title
ellebubi
Explorer

I also own a Z4 since 2015 and still today is a  fine machine, I also think is still one of the thinnest tablets around. I think Sony is the only Android brand that can compete with Apple as to style and technical refinement. 

Technically speaking, this tablet could be perfectly able to run 8 or 9, but Sony has disgracefully dropped the tablet business and will never update it from Android 7.

Real pity.