Join now - be part of our community!

windows 8 power dvd reinstall

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Fizzy1874
Visitor

windows 8 power dvd reinstall

i upgraded my vpcf23n1e to windows 8 and downloaded the power dvd to play my blurays, i recently had to uninstall it as it was giving me problems, tried to reinstall it, it goes through the process quickly and says it has been installed but there is nothing there, have searched for it but only a few files. any ideas how i could fix it. i tried microsoft restore it says there is a problem with power dvd and wont be re installed

thanks in advance

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Richard and welcome.

For licensing reasons, PowerDVD can only be upgraded if it is already installed on your Vaio.  If you look at the size of the PowerDVD upgrade file, you will see it is only 125KB.

The full installer version cannot be downloaded.  The only way to reinstall PowerDVD is by reverting to factory settings with Windows 7 using your Recovery Discs and then using the Sony upgrade kit to install Windows 8 once again.

Alternatively, you could install different BD Player software.  Unfortunately, this costs money unless a free BD Player like DAPlayer is good enough.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Richard and welcome.

For licensing reasons, PowerDVD can only be upgraded if it is already installed on your Vaio.  If you look at the size of the PowerDVD upgrade file, you will see it is only 125KB.

The full installer version cannot be downloaded.  The only way to reinstall PowerDVD is by reverting to factory settings with Windows 7 using your Recovery Discs and then using the Sony upgrade kit to install Windows 8 once again.

Alternatively, you could install different BD Player software.  Unfortunately, this costs money unless a free BD Player like DAPlayer is good enough.

:thinking: