Join now - be part of our community!

MASS STORAGE DRIVE

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mctrouble04
Visitor

MASS STORAGE DRIVE

Thanx to the contributors. its such a gud forum.

I have a sony pcg 252m - all in one pc. i have been trying to install the mass storage drive without success. the computer is picking up the drive but failing to install it. i have updated all the other drivers. what else do i need to do,, spending sleepless night trying to sort the pc.

Sometimes it just shuts down by itself. please help

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You are quoting an invalid Vaio Model.  Open Vaio Control Center and look under the System Tab for the correct model.  I think you probably have a VGC-LA2 All-in-One.

The Mass Storage Device is probably the Memory Card Reader and the driver for this needs to be installed from within Device Manager.

1. Download the Original Drivers Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGC-LA2

2. Right-click on the downloaded .ZIP file and choose "Extract All".  Extract the drivers to somewhere you can find them like C:\Drivers

3. In Device Manager double-click on the uninstalled Mass Storage Device and choose 'Update Driver' under the Drivers Tab.

4. Select Browse my computer for driver software

5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select Have Disk....
7. Select Browse....
8. Browse to the folder with the Memory Card Driver C:\Drivers\Memory_Card and Select ti21sony.inf
9. You should now see name of your device if you have done the previous steps correct. Click Next to continue.

10. Select Install this driver software anyway.

Good Luck

:wink:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You are quoting an invalid Vaio Model.  Open Vaio Control Center and look under the System Tab for the correct model.  I think you probably have a VGC-LA2 All-in-One.

The Mass Storage Device is probably the Memory Card Reader and the driver for this needs to be installed from within Device Manager.

1. Download the Original Drivers Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGC-LA2

2. Right-click on the downloaded .ZIP file and choose "Extract All".  Extract the drivers to somewhere you can find them like C:\Drivers

3. In Device Manager double-click on the uninstalled Mass Storage Device and choose 'Update Driver' under the Drivers Tab.

4. Select Browse my computer for driver software

5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select Have Disk....
7. Select Browse....
8. Browse to the folder with the Memory Card Driver C:\Drivers\Memory_Card and Select ti21sony.inf
9. You should now see name of your device if you have done the previous steps correct. Click Next to continue.

10. Select Install this driver software anyway.

Good Luck

mctrouble04
Visitor

Thank you very nuch for the help. It worked very well.

However, i now need to sort out the Multimedia Controller.  You are right the model is VGC LA2 All in one Desktop. How do i go about installing the software. I have tried the same  procedure as i did with the Mass storage driver but failed.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Multimedia Controller is almost certainly the TV Tuner board.  This can be installed from the driver folder - not from Device Manager.

Browse to your downloaded drivers and open the folder "TV Capture".

Install the driver by double-clicking on the file "InstallDriver.EXE".

mctrouble04
Visitor

I am looking for the revory disk for my desktom,, model number as per forum pcg 252m - VGC LAC 2 all in one desktop. where can i get the recovery disk. someone pliz help. where can i get the recovery disk.

Message was edited by: mctrouble04

Message was edited by: mctrouble04

kevmarsl
Visitor

Hi, please help i have a sony vaio vgn -ar71m i have issues with mass stoarage controller  & unknown device..

i have installed windows 8 64 bit version..

followed your instructions and received the following message - windows encounters a problem installing the driver software for your device-windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it-texas instruments pcixx12 intergrated flashmedia controller-driver is not intended for this platform-if you know the manufature of your device, you can visit its website and check the suppoert section for driver software. please help...