Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 Drivers for VPCEA1S1E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
xordnasx
New

Windows 8 Drivers for VPCEA1S1E

Have just upgraded to Windows 8 pro on my Vaio VPCEA1S1E and need some compatible drivers as I cannot get the Windows 7 drivers to work.

My Fn Keys no longer work.

I need the latest AMD graphics driver.

In 'device manager' I have an unknown device that is linked to the intel HM55 express chipset LPC interface controller.

Any solutions or drivers that I can use?

Thankyou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi xordnasx,

the following is taken from the Sony windows 8 FAQ's

Sony is currently performing a validation of selected Windows 7 VAIO models to determine whether all BIOS, drivers, utilities and other VAIO applications from Sony can be fully supported for upgrade to the Windows 8 Operating System..

Depending on the outcome of the testing and validation phase for each model, Sony will issue a list of supported models as well as any known restrictions, limitations and necessary software updates..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi xordnasx,

the following is taken from the Sony windows 8 FAQ's

Sony is currently performing a validation of selected Windows 7 VAIO models to determine whether all BIOS, drivers, utilities and other VAIO applications from Sony can be fully supported for upgrade to the Windows 8 Operating System..

Depending on the outcome of the testing and validation phase for each model, Sony will issue a list of supported models as well as any known restrictions, limitations and necessary software updates..

xordnasx
New

Thankyou. Hopefully my model will be on the list..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome..:smileyhappy:

5f8-dmp
Visitor

I have a VAIO model VPC-EB4C5E which is just over a year old.  I updagraded to Windows 8 and have the same problem.  I also have no in built camera support so now I can't use Skype either.

If a driver is not released, then I certainly wont be buying a VAIO ever again.  I paid around £700 for my laptop and I'd expect drivers to be released to be honest.  I guess everybody could blame each other but it's in the customers interest at the end of the day which in turn benefits all parties.  Please do the right thing.

By the way Sony.  I am not even able to register my VAIO because my model number does not appear on your list of available models.  Maybe you could look into that.

Thank You

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi 5f8-dmp and welcome.

This is a forum for Users to help each other and is not monitored by Sony.  If you can't register your Vaio I suggest you phone Vaio Support.  It may be because your Vaio is now outside warranty or perhaps because it was a custom built model.

Your model is recognised on the Sony Support website here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB4C5E/updates

As we have seen in the past with XP, Vista and Windows 7, it often takes a while for support for a new operating system to appear.  We all hope Sony will provide drivers for as many models as possible.  Have a look at the FAQ pages for Windows 8 here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/landing/windows_upgrade_offer

:thinking:

5f8-dmp
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Many thanks.  I didn't realise Sony didn't monitor this.  Oh well.  Yes mine was a custom build.

Re the registering thing.  I did register it with Sony over the phone after I bought it.  Just that if it's registered in the My Sony section, you have access to updates etc, which I don't have.  Oh well.

5f8-dmp
Visitor

Many thanks for the links. Very useful. Unfortunately, mine is still not on the list and it's now Feb 2013. Netflix app wont work with my driver. So time to sell it and buy a non-VAIO. Cooling FAN is like a jet engine anyway. LOL!