Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 Activation Refusal Original Sony Product

profile.country.en_GB.title
SunnyReborn
Visitor

Windows 8 Activation Refusal Original Sony Product

Hi,
  I just bought my laptop SVE1712Q1EW and I went through some network problems yesterday, tried to fix it; it told me that I have errors in my local disc C
I tried to repair it it didn't work. I refreshed windows then the network prob was ok but I couldn't access my local drive C and I couldn't instal anything. so I did the windows 8 again. I was given the option in the troubleshoot menu. When I did it all seemed to be okay till I tried to activate it. Now its not activating. Its showing me

error code: 0xC004F012

Current edition: Windows 8

Current product key: not available

When I click Activate it shows me:

0xC0000022

has not granted access right.

Please help.
Sunny

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sunny and welcome.

If your Recovery Partition is not corrupted or missing, you can try pressing the ASSIST button when the Vaio is turned OFF and follow the instructions for a Full Recovery back to factory settings.  A recovery will take several hours so make sure the AC adapter is connected.  You can then start from scratch.

If that does not work, you will have to phone Vaio Support to get advice.  The hard drive may be damaged.  Activation is normally automatic as the activation key for Windows 8 is flashed onto the motherboard.

I would not recommend using the 'Refresh Windows' option unless you know exactly what it will do - it will reinstall Windows but delete everything else including all your programs and preinstalled applications and utilities..

:thinking: