Join now - be part of our community!

What does a block colour covering the bottom of the screen mean? Sony Vaio VPCEB2ZOE (PCG-71211m)

profile.country.en_GB.title
harp1983
Visitor

What does a block colour covering the bottom of the screen mean? Sony Vaio VPCEB2ZOE (PCG-71211m)

HI

Was just using my Sony Vaio (apx 3 years old) and the bottom quarter of the screen suddenly displayed a white block with a blue strip accross the top

The colour flickers and is now permanently on screen.

See attached screenshot.

Not sure what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi harp1983,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..

Do you see the same white block when booting up your vaio, or in the BIOS or when in safe mode.?

Try connecting your Vaio to an external monitor, do you still have the same problem.?

Connecting an External Display

You  can connect an external display to your VAIO computer with a display cable (not supplied).

Refer to the manual that came with your external display or projector for more information on installation and use.

Plug the power cord (1) of your external display or the projector into an AC outlet and turn it on.

Connect the external display or the projector to the monitor port on your VAIO computer (2) with a display cable (3) (not supplied).

Press the Fn+F7 keys several times to select the external display or the projector, and then press the Enter key.

The screen image of the computer is displayed on the external display or the projector.

If necessary, connect the external display or the projector to the  headphones jack on your VAIO computer (5) with a speaker cable (4) (not  supplied).

i.JPG

profile.country.en_GB.title
harp1983
Visitor

hi

the block appears on restart too.

seems to be a laptop display issue

it does not appear on the external display.

the weird thing is the problem varies in height over the last few hours. so it covered more of the screen for a bit. then a lot less. now has disappeared completely

seems intermittent. never seen it before!

even earlier i turned it off for a while. in case it needed to cool down. but it was worse. but as i said its gone...for now

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi harp1983,

if the block does not appear on the external monitor then it is possibly a connection/cable issue or screen problem but if it's gone now lets hope it was just a temporary problem..:smileyhappy: