Join now - be part of our community!

Serial Numbers not Validated

profile.country.en_GB.title
stchamp47
Explorer

Serial Numbers not Validated

When I go to http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts and enter my serial numbers, they are not being validated.  This is a Sony VAIO laptop bought from John Lewis.  Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

When I enter the first block of eight numbers in the left hand box, the box stays red.  When I enter the next block of seven numbers in the right hand box, it turns green.  I click on Validate and nothing happens.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  stchamp47,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I just tried to enter a couple of Vaio serial numbers and both times I have replicated the problem you mentioned above, so have escalated this on to Sony to investigate..

In the meantime is there anything that the forum community can help with.?

If not there is an alternative email option that you could try to contact vaio support - Email Support

stchamp47
Explorer

Thanks Thalamus for your reply and your assistance.  I'd already emailed Sony VAIO support as you helpfully suggest but no reply so far.  I'll pass on their reply to this forum when I receive it.   I have also reported the problem to the seller of my Sony VAIO laptop, John Lewis, to see if they can help by asking Sony to sort this problem out as other Sony purchasers from John Lewis are probably also affected.  I have always found John Lewis computer support very helpful and resourceful.   I might mention that I registered my laptop with Sony online as soon as I bought it two years ago so they already have my account and my registered details of my laptop.

Might there be some other person in Sony I can email to try to get this resolved?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome..

As I mentioned above I have escalated this to one of my contacts in Sony so hopefully the serial number problem should be resolved soon. I don't think that this problem affects just John Lewis because the serial numbers of my Vaio's, which were bought from other retailers, are also affected..

Also the email you have sent should get forwarded on to those responsible for rectifying the problem.. When you receive a reply it would be great if you could update this thread & I'll do the same if I get any feedback to my escalation..

Sallykapally
Visitor

I am having the same problem. I bought my VAIO off the Sony website so it isn't just a problem with the John Lewis one. My 10 day old laptop won't start up and it's impossible to get through to anyone for help when the serial number won't validate!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sallykapally wrote:

My 10 day old laptop won't start up and it's impossible to get through to anyone for help when the serial number won't validate!

HI Sallykapally,

please see the reply to your other thread - Vaio E series SVE1512c5E won't start up

TheYousif5
Visitor

I bought my vaio in 2010 and its a model VPCEB3C5E and i tried to register it but couldnt for the same reason - not being in the list, and then i forgot about it and now i tried to register it once again but still with no hope.

stchamp47
Explorer

I have had a reply from John Lewis, whose technical support staff have always been outstandingly prompt and helpful for me since i bought my laptop from them in 2010.  They are taking up this matter directly with Sony about the failure to validate my Sony VAIO laptop already registered with Sony, bought from John Lewis.  Obviously, potential customers are likely to be influenced adversely by this sort of problem, which can be extremely frustrating, as others in this thread know to their cost.  I will keep the forum informed of any progress. I hope Sallkapally finds gets her new laptop working.

TheYousif5
Visitor

BTW can anyone asnwer my query please :

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi TheYousif5,

I believe that you can only register your Vaio on-line during the warranty period. You can still ask Support to register it manually but will need to call the OOW number to do this.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.35/per min)

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat