Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio T Series slow WiFi connection with Windows 8

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tigerjwatson
Visitor

Vaio T Series slow WiFi connection with Windows 8

Is anybody else having slow wifi connection with windows 8 on SVT1213B4E?

I laboured long over a decision: do I buy the Macbook Air or go for the cheaper Sony option?  I think I made the wrong decision!  The new Sony with Windows8 has the most incredibly slow internet connection. I've emailed Sony for some help - and they haven't responded.  I've tried to call their help desk - and nobody answered the phone.  I guess that's why Apple products come with a premium price - they work straight from the box.

I hope somebody can help me restore my faith in Sony?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tigerjwatson
Visitor

Thanks for your help.  Actually I went for a full system recovery and kept McAfee - so far so good:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi tigerjwatson and welcome.

What Anti-Virus/Firewall software are you using? Are you using the preinstalled McAfee software or have you added something like Norton?

:thinking:

tigerjwatson
Visitor

We uninstalled McAfee and installed Norton 360 instead.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you activate McAfee, Uninstall it in Add/Remove Programs and finally run the McAfee uninstaller (MCPR) to completely remove it?

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

I believe there was a memory leak in the preinstalled McAfee Family Protection Module which uses up all available memory.  This would be fixed if you activate it and update it.

It could be something completely different but it seems a possible cause of your problem.

:thinking:

tigerjwatson
Visitor

Thanks for your help.  Actually I went for a full system recovery and kept McAfee - so far so good:smileyhappy: