Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio RS-222 Re-Write error??? Advice-Help please

paul1968
Visitor

Vaio RS-222 Re-Write error??? Advice-Help please

Hi Guys

When trying to copy onto cdr using media player, i get to 97% & it comes up with error!! Please make sure re-writer plugged in, disc not full or damaged etc!

When trying using Roxio, the errors i get are:
E: Sony DVD RW DW-U12A Power Calibration area error [03/73/03]
Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]
This was set at 4 X speed, i have even set the speed to 1 X but still the same problem. Any ideas??

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
paul1968
Visitor

I have also looked in the vaio link, is there anything i need to update from there that help?

Thanks again

Paul

paul1968
Visitor

One other thing that may be linked. When i boot the pc up, a box sometimes comes up which says something like, internal memory reference error??? Or something similar.

Its probably something silly but its driving me mad

Thanks again

Paul

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That error would suggest either:

1) Your media isn't suited to the drive (or it's cheaper media)
2) Your drive is dying

Try different CD-Rs

paul1968
Visitor

thank you Kee-lo

I have tried several types so it maybe dying on me, however they have all been of the cheaper variety, are there any makes you would recommend?

Thanks for your reply

paul1968
Visitor

It does play Dvd's - cds o.k bye the way

Exinferis
Visitor

Try TDK cd-r's. They always seem to work the best for me. Failing that, Samsung ones are reasonably priced (I got 100 for about £10 at Staples, but that was last year!) and work well for me on my laptop and the Vaio.

Simple thing, but have you tried cleaning the lens? :thinking:

paul1968
Visitor

No i havent tried cleaning the lense Exinferis, it would make sense though as my last post on here was due to a bleeping sound caused by dust inside the pc.

I dont know how to do this though, any advice?

Thanks

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You could use a lens cleaning disc, however the hairs of the brush should be really soft, if not you could end up scratching the eye of the lens.

paul1968
Visitor

Thanks for your advice guys, i'll give it a go.

Have a good xmas
Paul