Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrade from Win7 to Win8

profile.country.en_GB.title
stoneybroke11
Visitor

Upgrade from Win7 to Win8

I have updated my VPCL13S1E from Win 7 to Win 8 - now my remote doesnt work, i canot get TV and Windows Media does not see my DVD drive and will not play any DVD/CD disks.

Help

Are there any Sony drivers I need to update?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi stoneybroke11 and welcome.

Unfortuately, Sony do not support an upgrade to Windows 8 for your model.  Only the newer VPCL21 and VPCL22 models are supported.  This means there are no Windows 8 drivers available from Sony.

You can try installing the Windows 7 drivers for the TV Card, SFEP etc. from the Support website for your model but I doubt if they will all install and think the only way to get everything working again is probably to return to Windows 7 using your Recovery Discs.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCL13S1E_S/updates

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
stoneybroke11
Visitor

Thanks

Tried the rcovery disks and they ask for the original Win7 disk. As this was all preloaded I do not have them and it seems that the recovery disks I made with Win7 will not work with Win8 without utilising and original Win7 disc

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Recovery Discs should work. Are you inserting Recovery Disc 1 and then re-booting?

The Vaio should boot from the recovery discs without involving Windows 8 at all. It is worth checking in the BIOS that the DVD/CD-ROM drive is No 1 in the boot order - this is normally the default..

:thinking: