Join now - be part of our community!

Update for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570?

SOLVED
profile.country.de_DE.title
solenopsis
Visitor

Update for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570?

Hello, I have a VAIO VGN-NW21MF running Win 7 64-bit purchased in September 2009. Its graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570. At the ATI website, updates for the driver are available but NOT for SONY VAIO.

May I ask when Sony will release an update for the graphics driver? Some features of new software require up-to-date drivers, for example Firefox and Chrome (see, e.g., Bug 623338 – Block all old drivers for ATI, NVIDIA, and only whitelist the big three, to control ris...).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is a forum for Vaio Users and provides mutual support only - so you will not receive a reply from Sony here as they do not monitor questions here.

Have you raised this issue with the  Vaio Support helpdesk?  The more users that contact the official Vaio Support, the more likely that a new driver will be released.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
solenopsis
Visitor

WTF??!?

More than two months since I posted my question... this question has been viewed by A THOUSAND PEOPLE... surely this indicates there is widespread interest in a driver update... and no reply from SONY??

Sony your customer support SUCKS!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is a forum for Vaio Users and provides mutual support only - so you will not receive a reply from Sony here as they do not monitor questions here.

Have you raised this issue with the  Vaio Support helpdesk?  The more users that contact the official Vaio Support, the more likely that a new driver will be released.

:thinking:

solenopsis
Visitor

Blencogo wrote:

And you're telling me this now?

A link would be nice...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion
profile.country.DE.title
omniplex
Visitor
profile.country.el_GR.title
pankonto
Visitor

I had the same porblem and i used this link but for our card the latest update is from 20/09/2010 and the version is updated from 8.633.0.0000 to 8.723.8.2000 http://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/download.php?item_id=128046746&scanid=A7C1C0D166A34854BCBE6BCB6... .

Also when i did this update during the installation it was saying update for HD 5400/5700 and when it was finished i check my system and my graphics card was updated succesfully to HD 4570 v. 8.723.8.2000 and now it works perfectly. From the AMD site I can't get the util update for this card (due to incombatible hardware, problem that i always had for this card) and the only things i can update is the ccc , the Hydravision and the codecs.

Hope this was helpfull write a reply saying what happened.

Message was edited by: pankonto

profile.country.el_GR.title
pankonto
Visitor

I found out that if you use this update from Sony Support it works perfectly http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/info/info.aspx?l=en_GB&url=VAIO/Updates/EP00002...

(It may say update for HD 5600 but the drivers recognise automatically your hardware and update it)

Hope this helps.

profile.country.es_ES.title
bASIEKf
Visitor

Hi,

I have had the same problem. I tried to update the driver from the ATI directly before and it didn't work but today I just have tried again and it worked! I went to the right down corner of the screen and point on ATI icon. It took me to the ATI page where in the options I choose detect automaticly and installed with the ATI program helping with the update. I don't know if the point is that I have reinstalled my laptop recently or that I was choosing wrong folder for the driver file... At all I installed it this time in Programs/ATI folder (not x86) and in the folder where .dll files are, which in my case is BIN64, and it works! To check the driver date, the grafic card you have etc. go to Start panel and write dxdiag. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
makeem95
Visitor

I'm furious Sony hasn't released a Radeon driver update for 2 years now and have prevented us from updating using the stock updates from AMD.

The first and last Sony laptop I will buy. :angry: