Join now - be part of our community!

TX1 Battery Life

Pagemakers
Visitor

TX1 Battery Life

The advertising blurb says 7 hours battery life. I'm lucky to get half that.

Be warned!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The printed battery life is often exagerated

Pagemakers
Visitor

VERY much so in this case!

S.E.M.
Visitor

So I am the lucky one who really gets more than 5 hours... of course without using the optical drive. Never needed 7 hours, so I can't tell you the maximum.

Pagemakers
Visitor

I guess I get about 4 1/2. Certainly not 7

carthorian
Visitor

The advertising blurb says 7 hours battery life.  I'm lucky to get half that.

You can easily make your battery life longer by configurating your laptop (even more) proper. You can do this by going to the Control Panel.

From there you click the Energy Management icon and select the tab VAIO Power Management. The first thing you should adjust is the brightness while working on your battery. If you make your screen much darker, your battery will work for a longer time.

With my VGN-T2XP /s I can go on for about 7 hours, normal time should be around 6. Before I adjusted it I could only work for about 4 hours straight.

If you want some more usefull tips on energy management, feel free to send me a private message.

Greetz

royhuang
Visitor

carthorian is absolutely correct. having owned a few vaio subnotebooks over the years (srx77 series, even the japanese u70 palmtop pc) the power settings are indeed, powerful. i get abt 6:45 using the adaptive cpu setting w/ the i-link, cd and modem disabled! i watched 2 movies via the hard drive last night and still had 4:30 battery power left... i used a 4 setting for my lcd brightness. the white led powering the display really, really saves lots of battery.

also, i'm sure defragging your hd (i use diskeeper and highly recommend it--better than norton's speeddisk which i used to use for years) helps too.

Pagemakers
Visitor

carthorian - Thanks for the info. i'll give it a try.

Mcleot
Visitor

Hi Everybody,

I bought mine one month ago and gets about 6 hours without optical drive and less than 3 using it.