Join now - be part of our community!

Two mhz number on "my computer"?

KlapsKali
Visitor

Two mhz number on "my computer"?

Hi, first my english is not that good, but please continue reading. If I click (right) on "My Computer" then choose properties and generell there are two mhz numbers. I guess the first one is the maximum mhz of my cpu, but what does the second one mean? Sometimes the second one shows 2.8 and sometimes 1.6 even if my notebook is on ac power. I downloaded a tool from Intel (Frequency ID Utility) this tool always shows 2.8 (currently frequency) even when "my Computer" shows 1.6. If somebody understood me :wink: and knows an answer please reply. Thanks for that and for reading this far!

Best regards

12 REPLIES 12
KlapsKali
Visitor

The AC-Power Profile is set to performance. I could set it on adapting or battery lifespan, but I guess performance is the right setting.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

Performance sounds right. When you say that you see a figure of only 1600 (?) does the machine run slower do you notice?

KlapsKali
Visitor

No, i did not notice something like that. But when the notebook runs on battery "My Computer" shows 912mhz(?) and that Intel Tool shows 1600. I guess the tool is right and "My Computer" is a little bit confused. But why? I´ve wrote a mail to Intel, maybe they have an answer.