Join now - be part of our community!

System Restore difficulties with PCG-GRX316MP

GordonHbm
Visitor

System Restore difficulties with PCG-GRX316MP

Hi!
I have recently found that there seems to be a problem with system restore operation. It will create reference points but if you wish to restore to an earlier state the computer hangs at the stage where it tells you that it will take a few minutes to gather the data. I wonder whether there is a corrupted file or link and don't know how to check for this or correct the fault. Incidently I use a Sygate firewall and AVG Free both of which are frequently updated and I have no known virus on the machine.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
GordonHbm

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Gordon,

It's more likely to be a corrupted file that's causing a system freeze during system restore.

You can check this by going to other points, if they work then it's that file in question.

GordonHbm
Visitor

Kee-Lo
Thanks for your reply. The only problem I have is that it hangs on all the restore points that I can access. Is there a way of going back to an earlier time than the calender in System Restore gives you?
Gordon

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

If system restore has stopped working then the best solution is to turn it off then turn it back on again. This will clear all of the saved restore points but the restore facility should work fine afterwards.