Join now - be part of our community!

SVT1312B4E Buffering while streaming music

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Chrispaleta
New

SVT1312B4E Buffering while streaming music

My SCT1312B4E recently purchased at Curry's has issues when trying to stream music from Amazon Cloud Player. The songs do load  30-40% then stop. The reading stops and starts again. Any way that this can be configured to make sure the entire song can be loaded ?

Message was edited by: Chrispaleta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The reason I asked about your AV program is that we have seen some download problems where Norton has been installed.

The Vaio has McAfee preinstalled when you buy a Vaio with Windows 8 and there seems to be a conflict between the preinstalled McAfee and the new installation of Norton unless McAfee is completely removed using the McAfee Removal Tool.

It looks like you must activate McAfee, remove it through add/remove programs and then run the MCPR.exe

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chrispaleta.

Which Anti-Virus software do you have installed?  McAfee or Norton?

Try disabling the AV and Firewall to see if they are causing the problem.

Chrispaleta
New

I am using Norton 360. I have disabled it as suggested and didn't see a change . I do stream music from other VAIO devices with the same anti virus set up. The only difference might be that it is the only machine with Windows 8 installed. 

I just got it so I am going through hoops to get it to work normally.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The reason I asked about your AV program is that we have seen some download problems where Norton has been installed.

The Vaio has McAfee preinstalled when you buy a Vaio with Windows 8 and there seems to be a conflict between the preinstalled McAfee and the new installation of Norton unless McAfee is completely removed using the McAfee Removal Tool.

It looks like you must activate McAfee, remove it through add/remove programs and then run the MCPR.exe

Chrispaleta
New

Blencogo wrote:

Thanks for the tip, McAfee was removed during the installation of Norton 360 but the MCAfee family module was still there. After I removed it the streaming from Amazon Cloud Player  and Lovefilm worked perfectly. The problem I had with downloads was also eliminated.