Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO Windows 8 SVE14 Blue Screen on Boot with Cache Manager error

profile.country.en_GB.title
Conradical
Visitor

SONY VAIO Windows 8 SVE14 Blue Screen on Boot with Cache Manager error

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a SV-E14A2C5E, i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD, Blue Ray writer, touchscreen, Radion 7670M 2GB RAM, and after managing to boot up a couple of times on the first day, do all it's updates and burn a recovery disc I now get a blue screen error within a few seconds every time it tries to boot.

The error says it is related to the CACHE MANGER but it's only on screen for the blink of an eye before returning to Preparing Automatic Repair, which keeps looping round not achieving anything.

SONY ASSIST loads up but option 1 to repair doesn't do anything other than say Preparing Automatic Repair.

Is it something I can resolve or do I need to return to SONY?

Message was edited by: Conradical

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Conradical and welcome.

Cache Manager errors can be caused by many things - driver problems, insufficient or bad RAM, bad memory settings or even a dodgy hard drive.  Do you have any USB devices attached?  If you feel confident, try re-seating the RAM.

From the model type , this looks like you have indivifdually configured this model.  I would try the following: -

1.  Reinstall the software back to factory settings and start again from scratch.  Unfortunately, you will have to run Microsoft Update and Vaio Update again but you won't have to make recovery discs. To do this, press the ASSIST button when the Vaio is TURNED OFF.  Follow the instructions for a full recovery.  This may take some hours to complete, so make sure you are connected to mains power and do not interrupt the installation.  The procedure is in the Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110111.pdf

Make sure it installs all the Latest Downloads from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE14A2C5E/updates

2.  If this fails, phone Vaio Support for advice: -

SUPPORT - at ther top of this page

ONLINE SUPPORT

CONTACT US - at the bottom of the next page

VAIO AND COMPUTING - on the next page

Enter your Vaio's Serial Number and you will be given contact options for Support.

I hope your Serial Number is recognised as it is a new CTO model - post back here if it is not recognised.

Good Luck!

Let us know how you get on.

:thinking:

Conradical
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

• No external devices have ever been connected.
  • Tried to re-seat RAM - no changes.
  • Tried to load recovery disc and after a minute or so of whirring it again reverts to blue screen and CACHE MANAGER error.

My serial number is not recognised by Online Support and I am reluctant to pay 35p / min for what could be a lengthy conversation to fix a fault not of my doing. I have sent an e-mail to online support outlining the problem after I made this original post but as yet had no reply.

Regards

Conradical
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks to SONY for responding to my original post and for the tech team to call me each day until they got hold of me. The fault couldn't be resolved so I opted for a replacement but after calling the online sales team they couldn't fulfill a new order to the same specification due to a shortage of touchscreens so offered me a full refund with no quibbles.

Very good customer service : -)

Regards