Join now - be part of our community!

Slow Boot VAIO A117S

tsmetjen
Visitor

Slow Boot VAIO A117S

When I start the portable it takes a lot of time to see te login-screen. After entering the logon it takes a lot of time to see the desktop.
When I restart the machine while in sleep mode , same thing
A long time for me is a bootup which takes about 2 minutes.

I have all the updates from the VAIO download site.

Anybody with some advice ?(even about how to find out wat is possible wrong )

thanks
Tsmetjen (Belgium)

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Defragging is a good start - but also looking for spyware might be a good idea. The best are Spybot S&D, and Adaware.

SpyBot

AdAware

TygerTyger
Visitor

If those areas are the only times the computer seems slow, more than likely you have a few extra programs running you don't need. Go to Start Menu>Run and type in msconfig. Then go to the Startup tab. There is a list of the programs running on startup, Google the names to find out what they are if you don't already know. Untick the box besides them to stop them running on startup again.

tsmetjen
Visitor

If those areas are the only times the computer seems slow, more than likely you have a few extra programs running you don't need. Go to Start Menu>Run and type in msconfig. Then go to the Startup tab. There is a list of the programs running on startup, Google the names to find out what they are if you don't already know.  Untick the box besides them to stop them running on startup again.

Removed Fresh UI from startup tab (cleans a lot of caches of IE....). Much better now
So thanks guys, still in the impression that XP SP2 also slows down the bootprocess

Mary Christmas

Tsmetjen (Belgium)

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not a fan of SP2 either.