Join now - be part of our community!

Saving colour screen profile

drew0119
Visitor

Saving colour screen profile

I'm sure most Vaio users working with images will know their screen colour is quite awful, too pink red etc I have pondered on this for some time and have no profile from Sony to help this. I had no alternative but to calibrate the screen visually to be the same as my calibrated CRT monitor.
I have made changes to the colour setup through: properties settings / advanced / colour. I saved this new profile and applied it.
But the real pain is when the system is turned off then restarted again the colour settings always default back to the psychedelic that is "the Sony Xblack".
I do understand most about colour, so don't worry about being too technical.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

You normally just go to the Colour Management tab, highlight the appropriate colour profile, then click the Set As Default button.

drew0119
Visitor

Hello again Rob!
I am still using the default monitor profile sony_165, for the vaio laptop, but it is so far out; too magenta pink etc. This is why I have been making colour changes under the "Colour" tab then saving the profile I create. When I then go to Colour Management, my saved profile does not appear, so I can not apply it as the default profile.
Adobe keep telling me Sony should address this problem and have an ICC Screen profile for my laptop available from the Sony website download section, but not so far.