Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Disk creation option not available

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
alvice99170
Visitor

Recovery Disk creation option not available

Dear All,

I use a Vaio VPCEG28FN. I have used the system over the last 1 year without any glitch. Now I intend to create Recovery Disks for any eventuality, but the option to create Recovery Disks is no longer available under Recovery & Restore/ Vaio Care Ver 6.4. My system is fully updated with Windows/Vaio updates. But the option for creating Recovery Disks is just not appearing. Kindly assist in creating the Recovery Disks.

I have Win 7 Home premium 64 Bit installed on my system.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi brucealvice,

Can you please check that the recovery partition on the hard drive is still present? Open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management  -  At the start of Disk 0 you should see a Recovery Partition with no drive letter with an approximate size of 12 to 15GB.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
alvice99170
Visitor

Dear Rich,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delayed response. I missed out on your reply as didnt get any notifications from the Website about it. Anyway, I did check the presence of a recovery partition. It is available and is marked as Healthy (Recovery partition) by the system. But still no option to create a Recovery disk under Vaio Care.

Thanks.

Bruce