Join now - be part of our community!

Playstation 2 iLink

mattbees
Visitor

Playstation 2 iLink

Does anyone know what would happen if I connected my K215Z to my PS2 using iLink? I just want to make use of my iLink plug thing and the only "compatible" thing I have is my PS2. I wish sony put more connectivity options in these "AV" laptops, maybe a composite video-in instead of those shoddy tv-out sockets, and at least a bl0ody infra red port. Oh well, at least its got some fancy squiggles on it and "sony" printed everywhere...

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The only thing is that Sony's iLink doesn't power the device, so your iPod will not charge during synch or uploads.

In which case Xpansis do a great hub for £20 Lets you have 3 firewire devices running at once.

mattbees
Visitor

I dont actually have an ipod thought, it was just an example. Though I do really want one, dont we all?
So would I be right in saying that USB2.0 is faster than firewire? also, does anyone know of a cheap way I cant conect a 3.5in ATA133 hdd as an external storage device using either USB2.0 or firewire?

robpaxton
Explorer

USB2 is slightly faster than firewire 400 although it does place more burden on the processor.

You need an external hard drive bay to connect your drive - these are available for about £30 - £40 and a google search will find lots of alternatives.

kee-lo_

ebuyer.com has decent prices on enclosures.