Join now - be part of our community!

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

cmsd
Visitor

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

hi community,

recently I'm looking for helping hands in regard to following problem:

GRT816S with PIONEER DVR-K12D
instead of the shipped with OEM Windows XP Home installed Windows XP Pro (full orig vers) and all Windows and regulary updates recommended by Sony through viao-link already done, means v1.10 dvd update for the above DVR-K12D. The update process was successful without any fault message.

Now, my DVD can't read anything on disks furthermore, no blank CD/DVD, no Sony Recovery Disk - only the orig Windows XP Pro is readable currently.

What and how shall I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Great.

I would use Acronis TrueImage to make your own recovery solution, saves a LOT of work.

cmsd
Visitor

@Kee-lo

Thanks. I'm not sure to be happy or not right now!

Still self-burned DVD's are not recognised and readable. On top the upgrade InterVideo WinDVD4 does not work! I did post Sony eSupport couple of minutes ago, let's see what will be their response.

Please advise on "Acronis TrueImage ". Where to download, manage etc. Thanks you in advance.

Caio

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Well you could download the 272MB Service Pack 2 file from here but it would be best with the CD, which can take about a week to arrive.

cmsd
Visitor

@James

Thanks. I'll follow this link and download. Just in case for further references if things happen again to me.
Download job done and finished after 22min. Will be burned to CD immediate. 😉

kee-lo_

TrueImage makes a full backup of everything on the hard disk, so when you restore it's like having your PC step back in time.

www.acronis.com

cmsd
Visitor

TrueImage makes a full backup of everything on the hard disk, so when you restore it's like having your PC step back in time.

www.acronis.com

Do you mean the free trail version or OEM version? Txs.

kee-lo_

It can be bought from most stroes, the free trial doesn't last long though.

v8

cmsd
Visitor

It can be bought from most stroes, the free trial doesn't last long though.

v8

Understood, thanks.

Just checked out your link, but show me:
Platform: Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98
- and no XP.

Can you confirm this? Txs.

kee-lo_

They have supported Windows XP since Version 6

System Requirements

cmsd
Visitor

They have supported Windows XP since Version 6

System Requirements

Yep, perfect.
I did read the user manual in the meantime seems to be very handy in usage, worth to go for.
Thanks 😉