Join now - be part of our community!

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

cmsd
Visitor

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

hi community,

recently I'm looking for helping hands in regard to following problem:

GRT816S with PIONEER DVR-K12D
instead of the shipped with OEM Windows XP Home installed Windows XP Pro (full orig vers) and all Windows and regulary updates recommended by Sony through viao-link already done, means v1.10 dvd update for the above DVR-K12D. The update process was successful without any fault message.

Now, my DVD can't read anything on disks furthermore, no blank CD/DVD, no Sony Recovery Disk - only the orig Windows XP Pro is readable currently.

What and how shall I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Stick with ASPI 4.71 from the Adaptec Website!

I would every only download from the original site.

cmsd
Visitor

I'd download vers471a2 as Kee-Lo said.

The vers471 is on Adaptec Webpages available and the vers472 at CHIP Online in German only which I won't use.

However I tried to re-install the ver471a2 again, re-booted again, but nothing has changed.

Seems to be another part of software as well as not just the aspi driver.

seb21__
Visitor

Version 4.71a2 isn't the newest version. I use 4.71.

look at the Adaptec site.

cmsd
Visitor

@seb21

Just in case I'll let you know, that Kee-Lo has right on the vers4.71.a2 as this is the correct one for WXPP.

The vers4.71 is not for WXPP, only WIN98, 2000, Me and NT!!!

Anyway, thank you

seb21__
Visitor

? LOL, both are for Win XP. But you are right, version 4.71a2 is the newest. LOL[:">] (have look a second time on the adaptec site)

cmsd
Visitor

No problem at all !

However, I'm still looking for other software faults but I believe I checked all and everything in the meantime twice or more - Can't find anything else apart of this ataptec update.

In regard to the new Ataptec files, how can I control if the files are right installed? They must to find where now? In Windows\system32 or Windows\system32\drivers?

Any special take care of?

Thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Oh OK, looks like my idea wasn't right.

Maybe then the updates on VL are destroying the dlls in the Windows folder, and thats why it keeps failing.

A full recovery can only prove this, else it's a hardware fault.
Maybe HTS-UK might have a better idea as he's had similar problems.

cmsd
Visitor

@Kee-Lo

Not at all, I followed to your lines up to here and I'm still looking to your next advice.

It's correct understood, I should recover WXPP with the orig CD???

Doing this, will I loose any data on HDD? I don't think so, as the WINDOWS will be renewed, correct?

Thank you.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hmmmm
Do you have Service Pack 2 installed?

James: do you know that command that copies the important DLLs to the Windows directory again?

cmsd
Visitor

Yep, I use SP2. Anything else I can provide you with in regard to this?