Join now - be part of our community!

No Sound after Upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mr-Spoon
Visitor

No Sound after Upgrade

Hello All,

May you please help with my Sony VGC-RC102 machine. I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 8 Pro. While everything seem to run ok, I have lost sound.  A cross appears on the speaker icon. When I go into it, it says No sound Audio Output Device Installed. Everything was working before the upgrade. In the device manager under Sound, Vedio & Games Controllers, there is a yellow icon under Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. I have tried to find updates for dirvers but nothing seem to solve the problem.

May you please advice on what I need to do to get my sound back. My tv access icon has also disappeared off the desktop after the upgrade. Is there any way of access the TV tuner on the PC in Windows 8?

I look forward to your helpful advice.

Thank you.

From Mr Spoon.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
RPieter0
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue with my SVS1513C5E. The only difference is that I only have my notebook 1 day, it had this problem straight out of the box after I bought it. I have been searching for a solution but I cannot find one. It seems like my Win8 does not see the audio hardware.