Join now - be part of our community!

Lots of problems with new VAIO... PLEASE HELP!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Malishbel
Visitor

Lots of problems with new VAIO... PLEASE HELP!!

I got a new VAIO SVE1512B1EW for christmas, and apart from Windows 8 being very confusing, I'm also having several other problems!!

Main one is I can't watch online videos on sites like youtube or vimeo. In IE the video box is either black or says 'video not available' and when I try using Chrome the video only plays for about 2-10 seconds at a time before stopping again.

Links from one site to another (or even from search engines) often won't work unless I click on the website address box and press enter.

A couple of times the screen went completely black for no apparent reason. I clicked on it and the start page came back but then it just did it again...

VAIO updates won't install because it says something along the lines of 'cannot update because another version is being created' or something.

The wifi connection seems to be generally slow and websites taking alot of time to load up.

and last but not least, things aren't downloading properly. Whether it's a web browser download or a PDF or whatever, they seem to get to 99% downloaded and then just sit there doing nothing. Sometimes I get error message saying the file is corrupted (which cannot obviously be true of all the files!!)

I am so frustrated. I may try to return the laptop as so many faults in the first week do not bode well. Can anyone help please?!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you uninstalled McAfee and/or Norton as suggested in the reply to your last question?

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/203071

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Malishbel
Visitor

Apart from I still can't seem to use Vimeo. Not sure what that's about? Probably something else quite simple that I don't know how to do?!