Join now - be part of our community!

How do i transfer mp3's without converting them?

profile.country.en_GB.title
torins
Visitor

How do i transfer mp3's without converting them?

How do i do this as transfer just coverts them!

2 REPLIES 2
kadafi
Visitor

1.) Download the latest version of Vaio Transfer

2.)Drag and drop the folders or mp3 files into the vaio transfer window (try tagging them properly, especially the file names)

3.) Check under the "Groups" Sub-Menu of Vaio Pocket

4.) Enjoy your mp3s

Merry christmas to you

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERONE!!!

ivan-d
Visitor

The problem with this whole thing, as far as i see it, is that whatever you use it converts the mp3 into an .oma file, even if the converted file is still the same size as an mp3. if you look at the folder, there is not a single mp3 file present... how can they call this raw mp3 playback? "raw mp3 playback" should mean that the file that the player plays is an actual mp3, not an mp3 with some different file extension... I WANT TO USE EXPLORER TO TRANSFER MP3s!!!! and create my own folder structure on the device so that i can see which music i need to add and which is already there.... a file called 10000083.OMA doesn't tell me much.... i know it is an mp3, sonicstage skipped the convert part and went straight to transfer, so why is it OMA??? :angry: sorry about the rant, i'm just a bit ticked off here, my previous player was the thomson audio/video jukebox and while its firmware was really bad, the computer side of the thing worked so smoothly!!! i just put files onto it with explorer, arranged them the way i wanted, in folders, and then when i was done, i clicked a little button on the task bar and it took about 10 sec to index the files.... btw, it was 80gb and played divx!

oh yeah and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!:smileypeace: