Join now - be part of our community!

Hmmm... have you guys seen this?

kadafi
Visitor

Hmmm... have you guys seen this?

It seems Sony is actually keen on providing more support for the pocket vaio!

Have a look at this

I'd seen a thread earlier on an "official" carry in a selfridges, manchester; but for vaio owners in the states, this looks a better option, except they don't give pricing/availability details yet.. but still it's a start by Sony :smileygrin:

I still say PDAIR's leather case is the best available one. see here

Everyone underestimates the importance of a carry case, till their pocket vaio gets it's first scratch.. :devil:

Anyone else come across carry cases? (the ones at microanvika and unbeatable are apparently the same as the selfridges one)

10 REPLIES 10
Gazza13
Visitor

I'm sure the PDAIRs case is the best, but it does look a little 'gimp mask' to me LOL:smileydevil:

profile.country.en_GB.title
torins
Visitor

I got the Micro Annivika one for £9.95 & its an official SOny one from Japan - and it is very good quality -they even remembered to leave a hole for the headphone socket!

Definately beats the ipod sock and is well worth a tenner to stop scratchs etc.

kadafi
Visitor

I got the Micro Annivika one for £9.95 & its an official SOny one from Japan - and it is very good quality -they even remembered to leave a hole for the headphone socket!

Is it the same as the sonystyle one? the ipod sock is a no brainer.. i reckon it'll fit just about any jukebox out there... that's an option vaio owners shouldnt rule out though, considering the cheap price for the entire pack... have a look here if only to have a peek at the grey one... if an ipod snooper asks, you can always pretend santa left behind his stocking at christmas.. :wink:

JOHNNYBRAGGO
Visitor

Hi there,talking of cases I went into the local PC world,and bought a Antler leather camera case,it was £12.00,Padded,and it affords excellent protection,for carrying around on the move.Ok you have to slide it out to access the screen if you dont use sonys remote control,but its cheap and better than no case.I will be honest if sony is intending for this to be a ipod killer,they need to sort out a decent accessory range asap.Something as simple as not being able to buy a case WITH your pocket vaio is enough ammo for some people to shift over to the ipod,Does anyone else agree??:smileyconfused:

MattMarsh
Visitor

Hey i picked my case up from the sony centre where i live. The guy said they had a few in for some reason, all the packaging is in japanese, so i guess its teh same thing. Is it all black with just the word "VAIO" imprinted??

I think it's pretty cool, feels safe and hey the best part.....the wrist band!

diverse
Visitor

which Sony centre was that? I went to Croydon and Bluewater and neither had them?

backfiredog
Visitor

hmm, i thought it was another firmware update:smileycry: come on Sony i dont need carry case, we ALL Vaio Pocket users need a NEw firmware URGENTLY!!

kadafi
Visitor

which Sony centre was that? I went to Croydon and Bluewater and neither had them?

You can order it from the microanvika website
here

profile.country.en_GB.title
torins
Visitor

Is it the same as the sonystyle one? the ipod sock is a no brainer.. i reckon it'll fit just about any jukebox out there... that's an option vaio owners shouldnt rule out though, considering the cheap price for the entire pack... have a look here if only to have a peek at the grey one... if an ipod snooper asks, you can always pretend santa left behind his stocking at christmas.. :wink:

Yes, its the same one - and the same as the one mentioned in this thread, Black with Vaio logo on & packaging all in Japanese