Join now - be part of our community!

Hibernate and Standby probs on a PCG-TR1MP

idom
Visitor

Hibernate and Standby probs on a PCG-TR1MP

Can anyone help me, problem I am having is as follows:
Have a PCG-TR1MP and if I allow the laptop to go into standby mode I am unable to bring it out of it, I have tried pressing keys and also the power button but nothing works, only thing I can do is hold the power button until the laptop turns off, obviously this isn't ideal as if I have work open then I could lose data.

Also I have an issue with hibernation in that it comes up with a message saying going to hibernate and the laptop then hangs, and again the only way to get around this is to turn off the laptop again risking losing data.

I have searched for driver updates etc and also on the knowledgebase but to no avail.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
idom
Visitor

Sorry should have said, running Windows XP SP1

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Isn't there a hibernation update on Windows Update?

idom
Visitor

All Windows updates have been applied to the laptop.
A quick update on the hibernation issue, you click Hibernate in the Shutdown dialog box and the screen changes and says 'Preparing to Hibernate' and then just sits there with no HDD activity.

kee-lo_

How about standby?

idom
Visitor

You select standby and the laptop goes into standby, all fine, but when you want to come out of standby you should be able to press the power button and the laptop comes back on. Unfortunately the laptop stays off when the power button is pressed and the only way to get the laptop back on is to hold the power button down for ~5 seconds.

kee-lo_

I thought you pressed any key on the keyboard to come out of standby.

idom
Visitor

Tried that as well. Any ideas?

Sony
Visitor

Try the following:

Go to control panel, "Power Options" then "Hibernate" and deaktivate that option.
Then go to "Advanced" and change the "When I press the Power Button" to Hibernate (if still available, otherwise on Standby). After that click on okay and reboot the machine.

Windows will remove all ever stored hibernation-data.
The go back to the "Hibernate" register in the power options and re-check the box to turn it back on.

Also check the option "When I press the Power Button" to Hibernate, press OK and try again.

Please report it that worked or not.