Join now - be part of our community!

HDD space running out and noisy fan!

claire-louise
Visitor

HDD space running out and noisy fan!

hiya,

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a vaio notebook the PCG-K415B, and I seem to always be having problems with my HDD! Orginally the HDD didnt have D drive (I asked for help from you guys then, and you did help me!) and sadly I was made to reinstall everything now I have a problem with my HDD it seems to think I only have 23% free space, I have Norton Internet Security 2005 and Microsoft Antispyware going all the time and it doesnt think I have Spyware or viruses! They are both up to date!

The problem is that I dont know what I cant delete from my Remove and Add list without removing something vital! Also I have noticed that my Computer has an extremely loud, I know Vaio is known for not having a quiet fan but this just seems exceptionally load! What can I do to stop it being so loud, and what do I do with the space allowance on my HDD if any of you could help me I would be ever so grateful!!

Claire Louise :pray:

Plus Merry Christmas and Hope you have a wonderful 2006 to all the workers at Vaio!!

52 REPLIES 52
GBS
Visitor

Hi GBS,

Don't drink to much!!

Claire Louise

What me?:smileylaugh:

Tune - Up Utilities is a fantastic program for tidying up your PC. I have recommended it to a good number of people here, some of whom are even better at spreading the word then me...

Download a Free Trial (1 month here). Tune Up Download

I mainly use the Disk cleaner and Registry Cleaner, at least once a week. I also use the Start Up manager to reduce the number of programs that start up. E.G.: Adobe Acrobat - I hardly use it so I don't need it half opened up and sitting in RAM using resources. So I have un-ticked it here.

HTH

Have a Merry Christmas.
GBS

claire-louise
Visitor

Hi GBS,

Don't drink to much!!

Claire Louise

What me?!laugh.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=laugh|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=laugh.gif! I ment everyone, not just you!

I have downloaded this free trial, I am slightly concerned that even with your switchxp thing my computer is still showing 63 Degres temperture, It wont go down!!

I am going insane with this stupid Vaio!! AAAAHHHHHHHHH (sorry need to scream to let out my frustration!!)

Claire Louise

GBS
Visitor

What speed is the processor running at?
Mine is showing 1.6Ghz and 07%.... I have Firefox and Thunderbird running.

Dont worry, I am going to drink heaps. It my Birthday on Saturday the Christmas.... so I wait a whole year for my annual party, so I always make it BIG.:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

claire-louise
Visitor

Hi, GBS

My computer ACCORDING to Mobimeter it is running at 3.06GHz!!

I hope you have a lovely birthday tommorow and a wonderful Christmas!

Claire louise

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This area of France (Where I live- on the Jura Region!) seems very interested in Wine! Every weekend in the summer, well from January really, there is a Wine tasting festival in some part of the Jura Region! It great fun, makes you feel very sick, but its all part and parcel of french life!

Yes very much part of French life, I'm glad in a way France has been slow to move into this "US" culture as I'd say, very nice wines from that region too, I still say France is an excellent wine maker, I prefer them to Chillian and Austrailia.

Not a big fan of North American either

claire-louise
Visitor

Hi, Kee-Lo,

I am sadly not very keen on Wine, but of all the wines I have drunk in my life, I would agree with you that French (if nothing else) are very good at making wine!

France is still very different to UK, For example, When I want to join an adult education class, I dont have to pay straight away I can pay up to a afterwards, they give you a bill and you send it to the post office where you get it stamped when you pay the post office. The point I am making is this country is very much more trustworthy then UK! As well as obviously being very rural!! People are a lot more laid back and relaxed then the British, its so different living here to coming on Holiday!

Anyway I hope someone can help with my comptuer heat problem

Claire louise

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you re-installed speedswitch XP?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here, but I don’t think that either Speedstep or Speedswitch function with the Intel Celeron D Processor 345. As far as I am aware only Mobile processors with Intel SpeedStep technology are supported. Hence no drop from 3.06GHz.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
claire-louise
Visitor

Dear Rich,

That would explain why it doesnt help me out at all!! If that is incorrect can some one give me something that would actually help me?

Claire louise

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I like that aproach to AE, very handy.

I like the more southern areas, people are so nice in "le midi" compared to Paris, and yes I was born there so I can say that....

I don't really like Caen either, looks too much like England

claire-louise
Visitor

Cher Kee-Lo,

Ahh, vous parlez français ?

Je suis d'accord avec vous, ayant habité la plupart de ma vie en France (né dans Royaume-Uni, transféré à France de 10 mois vieux jusqu'à l'âge doux de 7 années vieilles, alors déplacées de retour à Royaume-Uni pendant 15 ans alors déplacé de retour en France, où je suis actuellement !) tout parce que de mon travail de papas !

Je n'ai pas eu la beaucoup d'expérience avec le sud de France sauf quand je suis allé en vacances du, les années il y a à Dordogne ! Le local où si agréable et je dois être d'accord avec vous, en ce qui concerne les gens comment agréables étaient et sont dans cette fin de France, mais j'ai trouvé dans les gens généraux sont très agréable.

Je suis sûr que vous pouvez dire de ce message que mon isnt français si bon donc si vous avez mis comprenez que j'ai écrit s'il vous plaît me dit pour me traduire !

De toute façon, Pouvoir quelqu'un me répond une question ! Le temperture de mon informatique en raison des piles est-il, est qu'une possibilité ? ?

Claire Louise