Join now - be part of our community!

Connect W1 Desktop To 60''inch Grand Wega LCD TV KF60SX300

Deen1990
Visitor

Connect W1 Desktop To 60''inch Grand Wega LCD TV KF60SX300

Hi There

I own a Sony Grand Wega LCD Rear Projection TV In My Living Room and the probleam i am having is that at the back of the television I have a VGA port where I can connect a computer and use as a primary/secondary monitor but I can only use the feature on my vaio notebook due to the fact that my vaio W1 has'nt got a vga port.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could connect my W1 to my Television.

Thanks
From Dean

7 REPLIES 7
Deen1990
Visitor

Oh and if possable could I still be able to play pc games.

From Dean

babysmile
Visitor

W1 doesn't support external monitor as ur sony vaio notebook or laptop.. so bear in mind it's impossible.. ( but possible to make it if u willing to pay extra $$ as there are 3rd party company coming out a solution with USB connection.. i forgot wat da name but it's selling expensive ).

Games... u mean those heavy 3D games such as Need For Speed Most Wanted or Call Of Duty 2 ?? hmm.. sorry.. answer is no . Cause you are using SIS integrated graphics .. price to pay ..

btw, u are absolute $$$$ spend on SONY products.. really sony fan .. hahaha..

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The only way you can do this sucessfully is to find a USB TV card which has compatible outputs for your TV

Deen1990
Visitor

Thanks for the ideas, I never thought there could a usb adapter, and thats a good idea kee-lo.

Oh and lol Babysmile that sony list of my products isnt the half of it and the sony equipment on that list is estmated at £13.000
Lol and dont ask why my products are sony its jus that my mum and dad prefere them.

From Dean

kee-lo_

I think the USB box will probably set you back around £150 for decent outputs

Deen1990
Visitor

I think the USB box will probably set you back around £150 for decent outputs

Do you know where I can find it on the net or instore.

From Dean

kee-lo_

ebuyer and savastore are pretty good stores