Join now - be part of our community!

H E L P !! burning problems

luansille
Visitor

H E L P !! burning problems

Hi

I've got a Sony Vaio model VGN-FS115S and have problems burning onto dvds.

The dvds are Philips DVD+RW. I have used Sonic Record Now.

When I make an attempt it spits our the dvd and tells me to put in a new cd. There is nothing wrong with the disc - they are brand new (got 25 of them).

Don't really think it should matter but it is the same whether I want to burn music or a movie.

So, does it matter which dvds I use? Can I not use the dvd but should I use cds instead? Are there a difference besides the amount you can save on them and does it really matter?

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
luansille
Visitor

Oh yes they said that to me too. Not exactly that it was limited but that I should try a sony brand to make sure. I am simply refusing that though. It has not been specified anywhere and I told them that I had no interest in buying anymore of their products - and that it could not be right (well it is not!). I have tried several types of DVDs now (rewritable, non rewritable etc, non sony) but it is not doing it.

I have to make a correction to my earlier post. They did not replace the drive! I only just found out the other day when speaking with one of the reps. I pisses me off actually.

I waited 7 weeks to get it back as a part was not in stock and they have obviously not tested the product properly as it came back without the full problem fixed. Hence the 7 weeks was a waste in my eyes as I am no better off.

I now have to send it back. I am obviously reluctant to do so considering that I had to wait for so long last time and since they did not fix the problem.

This might be worth knowing when dealing with their customer service team - I was told that if I continue to have problems with it after 3 times of sending it to replay they will consider replacing it with a new, but since I have complained so much the guy I spoke with suggested that it might be something that they would consider.

Even if they have been very nice calling me back with updates whilst I have been waiting they often could not answer my questions and a call back I requested from a manager never took place - but the day after I was told that the laptop was on its way so I let that one lie.

Back from Xmas break I know I will have to deal with them again. Needless to say that I am not looking forward to being without my laptop again - especially if they do not manage to fix my problem!