Join now - be part of our community!

Fan noise on GRT816S

rustyjh
Visitor

Fan noise on GRT816S

First off has anyone found a search facility for the forum or am I being really stupid here?

Secondly, I purchased 2 of the above machines and the fan on one of them seems to be running at full pelt from the moment I switch it on. As different applications are started you can hear the fan speed up then slow again but all the time it seems to be running in 'loud mode'

Any ideas - anyone else experienced this?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

Stupid? You and me both :smileyd_oh: :slight_smile:

There is no search facility, there was on the old site :slight_frown:

I seem to remember this subject coming up before. I think (could be wrong) that there was an 'issue' with excessive fan noise on some of the GRT series - perhaps someone else has a better memory :thinking:

kee-lo_

It has to do with them having desktop processors.

Yeah we need search :slight_frown:

BigDave
Visitor

Hi I have a GRT716S. The fan noise became really loud on that. I gave it a good hoover that helped a little. I finally removed the dvd drive booted the machine let it run a while shut it down refitted the dvd and it seems to be a lot quiter since. Good luck

kee-lo_

It's amazing how much dust gets into them isn't it?

JoeB.
Visitor

hi folks,

yes... i have had a big clump of wooly-booggers clog-up my heatpipe ribbs... and the fan does get louder and louder... and the GRT816 Series is very slow, my GRT785B is much faster than my GRT816M.

And this new Forum Software sucks... i wish they would fire the guy who changed this.

thanks

Joe

kee-lo_

And this new Forum Software sucks... i wish they would fire the guy who changed this.

Hey Joe,
That's one of the reasons you can't change your avatar - THE SOFTWARE SUCKS.

:devil:

rustyjh
Visitor

A simple search facility is fundamental....... I don't think I've ever come across a forum without. Kind of defeats the object. I had a response back from e-support about my fan noise who pointed me to a hotfix. (Windows XP Hotfix KB833228) Didn't work for me but may be of use to someone else.

https://e-support.vaio-link.com/eSupport/index.jsp?layout=VAIOLINK

kee-lo_

I totally agree.