Join now - be part of our community!

Cant adjust brightness

profile.country.da_DK.title
JacobHoll1
Visitor

Cant adjust brightness

Hello.

I have an Sony Vaio VPCS11X9E

My problem is, that i cant adjust my brightness. Even with the FN key or in the settings.

What is wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi JacobHoll1 and welcome.

Are you using the original Sony Windows 7 Operating System and the Sony supplied graphics driver?

:thinking:

profile.country.da_DK.title
JacobHoll1
Visitor

Windows 7 was on the computer when i bought it in the sony center :smileyhappy:. I dont know about the driver

Message was edited by: JacobHoll1

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can try 3 things: -

1.  Fix the Fn Keys by reinstalling "Sony Shared Library" and "Vaio Event Service" from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCS11X9E_B/updates

2. In SETTINGS go to Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Power Options.  At the bottom of the window there should be a slider for Screen Brightness.  You can also set brightness for each power plan. Select 'Change Plan Settings' for the chosen Power Plan and adjust the sliders for screen brightness on battery or on AC power.

Power1.jpg

3.  Your model has an 'Ambient Light Sensor' that automatically changes screen brightness depending on the light.  Have a look in Vaio Control Centre to see if there are any adjustments you can make.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Exergi
New

Hi.

I Have the same problem with my Vaio VPCS11. I followed the three steps above but nothing works.
The Sony Shared Library, I had a newer version. Vaio Event service, I had a newer version.
I have the latest Intel Graphics drivers, dowmoalded from Intel (even tried 2 other drivers)
The Fn keys for brightness shows the slider changing, but the brightness itself does not change. The Vaio controll center works very poorly, but I managed to unclick the auto brightness. In power management I can move the slide but the brightness does not change.

If I use standard VGA drivers the brightness is much better, but I can't change the brightness with the Fn key. The Fn key for screen management like clone, external and so on , does not work, I need that!

What to do?