Join now - be part of our community!

BLUE SCREEN AND RESTART

BurastA
Visitor

BLUE SCREEN AND RESTART

I've a fr415m model. Im happy with its performance on games however in some new games such as unreal tournament 2004 and sacred on some certain locations a blue screen with writing on it appear and after that computer resets itself. and after comes a windows message that windows has been recovered from a serious error.What can I do? Any advice please?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try and get the error code so I can look it up.

robpaxton
Explorer

If the blue screen disappears and the computer reboots automatically before you have time to read the error then turn off the auto restart function.

It's in Start - Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced tab - Startup & Recovery settings - then remove the cross from the box next to automatically restart and click OK

You should then have time to read the message next time it turns up.

BurastA
Visitor

I've done what you said and in the blue screen it says that it seems that the problem is caused by the following file: ati3dag.dll

and under that:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

:thinking:

kee-lo_

Have you got the latest drivers from VAIO-Link for your ATI graphics card?

BurastA
Visitor

nope.how am I going to?

wharfshrimp
Visitor

there r no updates 4 igp 345's @ the moment i had the same prob with halo lots of times it got so daft i uninstalled it.

BurastA
Visitor

then what are we going to? hey sony do you hear us we need driver updates :slight_smile:

wharfshrimp
Visitor

it's ati who have 2 pull their thumbs out of their bottoms :slight_smile: .

BurastA
Visitor

ati do you hear us :slight_smile: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? :devil: