Join now - be part of our community!

Why does my new Bravia keep switching itself off?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hamster60
Explorer

Why does my new Bravia keep switching itself off?

I have had a new Bravia for all of five weeks.  Its been working perfectly.  I love it.  Then tonight it just switched itsself off. I turned it on and it lasted thirty seconds before flicking itself off and then back on and then off.....

Its connected to a Sky Box but its not making any difference whether I switch it on with the remote or manually.  It just turns itself off again.

Anyone experienced this?

Thank you.

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.GB.title
Kelvincool
Explorer

When mines done this I just took batteries out of remote control& put them back in& it stopped switching itself off
Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
John_Ratcliffe

The suggestion that the remote control may be causing your tv to power on and off is quite possible also extremely unlikely it could be being caused by other electronic equipment remotes.
Obviously the easy way to disprove this theory is to remove the batteries and operate the tv manually.
When my set failed it simply kept trying to start up, each time displaying the Android logos then switching off again.
To correct the fault, my Sony was returned under warranty through the shop to which it was purchased. A brand new main motherboard PC was installed and I am very happy to say that the tv is still fully operational six months later and that I love the tv.

Get Outlook for iOS
profile.country.GB.title
AwfulSony
Explorer

Thanks, but this is nothing to do with the remote control. It happens if I use the Sky remote, the fire stick remote and the blue ray dvd remote. These remotes bring the tv on when the device is called fo via the HDMI cablesr, then the tv goes into a cycle of off/on/off/on. I’ll try taking the battiest out of the Sony tv remote but I won’t hold my breath.
profile.country.GB.title
AwfulSony
Explorer

Thanks, that sounds like the next step
profile.country.GB.title
Michaelpaul32
New

I no longer have that Tv.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
AwfulSony
Explorer

I can understand why! If only I’d bought the LG Oled instead…..
profile.country.GB.title
Frostymaid
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
AwfulSony
Explorer

Finally after 10 months of waiting, Sony post a software update. Although my TV is set to update software automatically , it didn't. I had to use an outdated, old fashioned method of downloading from my computer to a stick and then stick to TV. The new software loaded without any trouble and now I am pleased to say that my TV works perfectly via all external devices and voice commands from Alexa. No more turning on and off or resetting. Thank you Sony tech team. I was not happy with the retailer (Sevenoaks) with whom I purchased the set as they did not want to help at all, they said it was Sony's problem and left me to do all the legwork, I won't be going back to them in the future.

profile.country.GB.title
SGH1966
New

Is it possible to let us have link or webb address for siftware update please