Join now - be part of our community!

Why does my new Bravia keep switching itself off?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hamster60
Explorer

Why does my new Bravia keep switching itself off?

I have had a new Bravia for all of five weeks.  Its been working perfectly.  I love it.  Then tonight it just switched itsself off. I turned it on and it lasted thirty seconds before flicking itself off and then back on and then off.....

Its connected to a Sky Box but its not making any difference whether I switch it on with the remote or manually.  It just turns itself off again.

Anyone experienced this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

very odd, but since you have only had this for a few weeks i would suggest that you take this up with your dealer who should arrange for a replacement as clearly its not right.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

If you go to SETTINGS > SYSTEM, see if you enabled power saving/idle tv standby options. If you don't want this turn them both OFF.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is nothing to do with the eco settings although if you can get the set to stay on long enough you should disable them, however since the set was fine before its more likely that there is a fault with the power management and will require a Sony service technician to take a look.

hamster60
Explorer

That's the thing. I switched it off for 24 hours. Turned it on played a show on Sky Plus and watched it, I thought that was it. The minute I switched over, it started doing it. The button on the front going from red to green, sometimes homing back on and getting my hopes up for all of thirty seconds!

Bravia55HX

Hi,

very odd, but since you have only had this for a few weeks i would suggest that you take this up with your dealer who should arrange for a replacement as clearly its not right.

soulman-ian
Explorer

same sort of problem ,but it does warn us saying tv has been idle for too long and will shut down ,strange as were are watching a film .

bravia2
Explorer

why does my bravia switch itself off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately more information is required from you in order to give an answer better than: 

1. You turned it off yourself
  2. You have a sleep timer set
  3. Idle TV standby is set to a value

So a model number of your tv may help.  As well as any other relevent details

Cheers

My TV turns off for no good reason, I can turn it back on, and it may stay on for a few hours or a few minutes and this is very annoying.  Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi oldsmoker1

As i said in my post above, a model number of the tv helps.  This is because settings differ from one model to the next.

Cheers