Join now - be part of our community!

Stream from windows 7 Laptop to smart TV wirelessly.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Unc1ebuck
Visitor

Stream from windows 7 Laptop to smart TV wirelessly.

I have a Bravia TV and a Vaio laptop both are connected to the internet (home router) wirelessly,  I have been looking at the setup on both and can't figure out how to stream from my laptop to my TV wirelessly.  Can anyone help please??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX
3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

take a look here, this should get you started.

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/1237485339460

Alisonmb7
New

I don't understand how this is an answer. Disappointed to find there are many catchup TV channels not available on my Sony brava. Now trying to work out how to throw from my laptop to the screen, but am getting half answers. Nothing useful in the material that came with the TV. Could someone explain to me properly how to do it? I'm using Windows 7 if it makes any difference and I want to stream from the Internet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

That answer above was in 2012 and was more than likely referring to a program called "Homestream", which Sony no longer develops/supports/uses.

To stream content from your laptop/PC (Win7) you would need to install something called a DLNA Server.  One of the most popular ones is called "Serviio" - Which Homestream was actually based on.  You cannot "Mirror" your screen via Win7 - you would need Win8 and above for that. 

Alternatively, a long HDMI cable works for me.

Cheers