Join now - be part of our community!

5 Damged TV's 55W829B

Jean051
New

5 Damged TV's 55W829B

I possibly hold the record for damaged TV's. Ordered a new TV and arrived with bent screen.

Two days later repacement arrives also bend screen (Broken internal panels no picture)

A further three arrived, two with cracked outer panels and another with a bend with internal panel damage. I believe the Tv's have been badly packaged by Sony? I have emailed them for their views but the customer service appears to be as bad as the packaging. Virtually no existant?

I have used Sony TV's for some time now, but I am getting pretty fed up with the whole experience. I still do not have a working TV and I am told I might have to wait another two weeks before one can be sent out (if at all as the the product has been discontinued). What do I have to do to get a TV that works?

Anybody else beat this number of damaged TV's or had a worse experience?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
howardclegg

Sorry, bad clicking. I did not mean to catch the "Me Too" button as I have not had this problem.

I feel for you though, 5 TV's all with the same fault. Time to call Sony UK direct and speak to someone senior, or it may be time to cancell the order and go to another brand. At the end of the day, it's your money to spend where you want. If Sony don't want it or can't provide the goods.....       Good luck with it.

profile.country.GB.title
howardclegg

Here is the link to Sony's PR page which has contact details for some of their PR team and also Sony UK's Head Office address. You could start with the PR people and say your're going to put it all over Social Media if you do not get a satisfactory result soon? Or you could write or email the Head Office and address it to a Customer service Manager or Director.   Just a thought from me.

http://presscentre.sony.co.uk/

profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

It could be that your retailer is storing or transporting them really badly.  I've had a few Sony TVs and they've never come damaged like yours and 5 in a row sounds awfully like poor transportation or storage.

rextzephron
Explorer

Just to say that I have also been talking to Sony this week regarding the appalling packaging their products have.  I cannot believe they sell expensive, fragile products (in my case, a TV) without appropriate packaging.  Nothing in the box at all to protect the screen which obviously is the most important part of the TV!!

Worse, Sony customer service has not shown any remorse about this despite a piece of polystyrene of the size to cover the screen costing pennies compared to the amount the TV cost me!  Is it so hard to put a thick piece of polystyrene in front of the screen in the box?!

Very disappointed and my TV is damaged to a point where I cannot use it.

Happy to share my complaint details and correspondence. 

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

After getting two sets I would have gone to a store & personally picked up a 55w829. Five in a row? Sounds like a fairy story... Im not saying he didn't get a faulty set, but five in a row without one good one in between, with same approx. damage? There are polystyrene strips protecting the screen, with polystyrene cupping the top & bottom of the screen. The packing is as good as any packing Ive seen on TVs these days, with the sets being held firmly in place in the box. I'm sure Sony are purposefully welching on polystyrene: that sounds logical??

But with bigger screens becoming a fraction of what they used to cost, more & more folks are buying 55inch + sets, so we are hearing a few horror storys. The boxes on the w8, x9 are well packaged & imo its highly abusive transport & handling that damages them. I couldn't damage my 55 w8 set without going to extreme lengths with the TV fully packed. Think about it they have sold hundreds of thousands of these & the damage storys are very rare in comparison.

Having said that Sony not answering customer complaints is just not right. They need to keep better contact with the people that keep the company alive. These kind of negative online complaints cannot be good for business & Sony need to make it right... to genuine customers, with any type of fault or not-working as promised sets. The Android user experience is a catastrophie & needs to be addressed as it was a good idea, poorly implemented.