Join now - be part of our community!

sony XR-55A84J

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TDR-17
New

sony XR-55A84J

i am having a problem with my tv where the right hand side border of the tv gets larger when i am using the tv and when i click the home button it goes back to normal, it is like the aspect ratio is changing on its own and the right hand side border gets larger 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @TDR-17,

please familiarize yourself with what pixelshift is and how it looks. If you think it is not pixelshift (you can try to deactivate it omce to confirm), update this post.

- Nic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @TDR-17,

as your TV is a OLED TV, I am quiet certain you are observing PixelShift, which is a feature to prevent burn-in (in case of TV content from watermarks).

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
TDR-17
New

thankyou for your reply but its doing it on both sides now, but you are saying it totally normal for the tv borders to get larger on their own?

kind regards

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @TDR-17,

please familiarize yourself with what pixelshift is and how it looks. If you think it is not pixelshift (you can try to deactivate it omce to confirm), update this post.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
TDR-17
New

I turned pixel shift off and the screen borders did not get any larger while it was off and did when it was on so it must be pixel shift, thankyou for your help👍