Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL 50WF663BU-internet connection issues

profile.country.GB.title
langdaler

Sony KDL 50WF663BU-internet connection issues

I have had my new 50WF663 Sony TV a week and i do like the larger screen/ its picture quality/classy look,all of which  are excellent but ,already,4 times now the internet connection has been lost-

"to use this feature this TV must be connected to the internet.do you want to go to Network Setup to configure your Network settings?"

if/when i do so  it won't connect/tells me 'no internet'

it is not possible to connect to router via ethernet cable(logistics of rooms setup makes it difficult) so i connect by wi-fi....my router is fine(i have no problems on my mobile phone or computer) ...this is most irritating for a new TV-i had no problem at all with lost internet connection on any previous TV's i had so i am thinking this is a Sony  issue.

i have  done soft resets/hard resets(unplugging from mains)/i have done restore to factory settings--all of which have worked and restored internet but then  the problem recurs again.my software is up to date( v8.602-1000-2.700-0002)

i am almost ready to return TV to retailer because,as a smart TV,i would consider it as 'unfit for purpose'..

hopefully some member may have a resolution to this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Maybe the following troubleshooting guide helps you to find the issue with your network connection:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-50wf663/articles/00127...

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
langdaler

thx for your input....i have tried almost all 'solutions' in those pages- issue gets fixed then a few days later it is back to square one.it seems,from my research,that many people are having problems with Sony TV's with this very issue-there are some mentioned in the Community messages today.

not having had this problem before with my last two Smart TV's(not Sony) it is a real nuisance(and not really acceptable for a new TV) to be constantly having to do resets etc to solve this.....i am much inclined to return set to retailer as being 'unfit for purpose' and will contact Sony direct.