Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32W653A keeps disconnecting from router

Sony KDL-32W653A keeps disconnecting from router

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my Sony Smart TV (model KDL-32W653A).

The issue I'm having is that when I am watching media (Netflix, BBC iPlayer) on my TV it regularly disconnects for no reason (buffers to 25% then says there's no internet connection). I then have to come out of what I'm watching, reconnect through Network Setup, then Refresh Internet Content and then go back in to what I was watching. At its best I have to do this once every hour or so, at its worst I can maybe watch 60 seconds of media before it disconnects again. I have had the same issue even when the TV was in the same room as my router and this was not a problem when I first got my TV.

Is there a fix for this? I have tried factory resetting my TV and checked for latest updates and that hasn't worked. I have also tried Google in search of an answer however I haven't found anything. It's really frustrating as some evenings have to do this 8/9 times just to watch a film.

Thanks,
Ben

1 REPLY 1
maimaes
Explorer

Have the same issue since a few week on my 65" tv. 

Netflix runs for a while and suddenly loses its connectivity, a gigabit link via a switch to my router. 

Hard reset helps sometimes, Swapping cables on the gigabit switch helps, but is all very annoying. 

Have additional issue that Netflix switches back to the home screen after starting a movie, even more annoying, as only way to get past it is by resetting Netflix data manuall and indeed tee wrong account details. 

Using v2.1 build 427 but am seriously thinking about manually upgrading the Netflix package. 

Any views out there on how to stabilise the TV? Otherwise I will need to send it back to its maker. 

Maikel