Join now - be part of our community!

Smart TV features

Smart TV features

Just bought my first smart TV the other day  for my MUM ( of course SONY )

can someone explain to me  - what the point is ?

there was me thinking she could get 4oD ,ITV player and a whole host of other channels on demand  ( food network and other freeview channels  would have been nice  )

but instead what i got was Youtube, BBC Iplayer and 5onDemand and that is it 

all the rest are 30 second clips of video's  or a counting sheep game ..REALLY is that what smart tv is about ?

of course their is netflicks and amazon - But my 75 year old MUM isn't going to pay £3-5 for one episode of some show .. when she could be buying  packs of werthers orignal  or donating to a SAVE a donkey appeal .

So i spent a little extra to get a smart TV for the sake of two channels ? ( 3 if you include YOU-tube but there is only so many dancing Cat video's you can look at  )  the rest are absolutely pure garbage

the web browser - is painful trying to read a online paper  takes about 4 years to load ( 30meg connection  with NO throttling at anytime of the day  )

i see samsung has got a deal with 4OD and ITV   - so it boils down to money that creates RIGHTS ...maybe sony should behonest  when trying to sell thier  TV's  ..

"it's a TV that will connect to the internet with  backlights ,anti-gravity technology and a FLUX capacitor . But you won't be able to watch anytyhing decent on it "

don't get me started on the 3d , i thought it was supposed to convert 2d into 3d ?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What model tv are you referring to?

Cheers