Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KDL-32W705C Guide not working

Snowy1972
Explorer

BRAVIA KDL-32W705C Guide not working

Hi Everyone

I need help with my BRAVIA KDL-32W705C television

Very pleased with it but the Guide (EPG) is not working - it tries for about 20 secs and then say 'Not Available'

I've tried all the suggestions that I've read on posts but none of them work (Factory reset, tuning without the aerial plugged in, etc.)

I have a strong signal and the latest firmware installed

Can anybody help please!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Snowy1972
Explorer

Last night the EPG miraculously worked when I pressed the Guide button at the end of Strictly Come Dancing (19:45).

We then watched a DVD until around 22:30 and thought I'd just check to see if it still worked...alas it stopped working again.

I've tried again this morning and I'm still getting the 'Not available' message.

Can anybody help please? I'm at the point where I'm going to exchange it for another brand. This is with great reluctance as we have two other Sony TVs (non-Smart) the house which work fine!

Thanks

Snowy1972
Explorer

At last I have found the solution to this problem...

I had to reset our wifi router last night as it was playing up. When I turned the router off I pressed the Guide button and miraculously the EPG appeared!

When the wifi signal kicked back in I presses the Guide button and got the infernal 'Not available' message

Just to check it was no fluke I turned the wifi on the TV off in settings and lo and behold the EPG appeared again!

It is therefore an issue with the wifi settings in the TV.  I've fed this back to SONY and have asked if it can be fixed via a firmware update

I await their response...

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Interesting indeed.  Thumbs up for figuring it out.

Have you thought about a shielded aerial cable - it might work especially if you are getting electronic interferrence.

Cheers