Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43WF663 no text after firmware V8.464 upgrade

profile.country.GB.title
kcornwall

KDL-43WF663 no text after firmware V8.464 upgrade

All else working.Did complete reset.Text still not working.

Anyone with similar.Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
kcornwall

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00204953

The link sent to me by Sony support.

It works,you seem to have to press the text button a few times, did not see this info on the firmware update.

But we know now.

profile.country.GB.title
KremmenUK1
Explorer

Thanks

Auto software back on and it's now downloading .......

profile.country.GB.title
KremmenUK1
Explorer

All done.

I needed to kill and reconnect power as per the advice.

They just need to reintroduce the Reminder function (like my Samsung and LG) and I'll look at Sony next time round.

profile.country.GB.title
petefordham
Explorer

Yes same issue and had this reply from Sony which may help you. However I now find after following instructions that FREEVIEW PLAY no longer works on terestrial - channel 100 but now have BBC interactive and text.

Thank you for your reply.

With reference to our investigation based on the information that you have provided, please apply the below steps in order to get the teletext service back to work:

Press the button on the remote to enter the Home menu

1. Go to Settings - System Settings and press OK to open the Settings menu.

2. Go to Channel Setup - Digital Setup - Interactive Application Setup - Interactive Application - Set select Off

3. Press the Home button on the remote to exit from the Settings menu and return to the broadcast.

4. Pressing the red button or Teletext button on the remote will launch the MHEG application.

5. If the issue continues after step 5, please unplug and then re-plug your TV's AC power cord.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Hisham

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
profile.country.GB.title
KremmenUK1
Explorer

I've had a look at the new HbbTV and it's just a new format of the digital text, with pictures. Sort of similar to the BBC Android app.

I've got a fibre broadband connection with the TV to router on a CAT6 cable but the HbbTV is jerky changing between menus or scrolling, definately going to be an issue for slow BB connections I would guess.

I'm going to stick with this new format for a while and see what I think.

profile.country.GB.title
kcornwall

Looking at the date 07/12/2018   the info/revision is a bit "bolting the stable door".

Another note was "as long as you have a stable internet connection" 

One thing the firmware upgrade seems to have fixed is the audio break up on Freeview Drama.

So thankyou Mr Sony, we got there in the end.

profile.country.GB.title
frankiepoo
New

I have the KDL-40WF663 with exactly the same problem, come on Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
KremmenUK1
Explorer

It has been solved, further up this thread, find the link.

Teletext has been replaced with the newer version (tbb~ something). If you read the link contents you can switch between the 2 versions inthe TV settings.

= nothing further for Sony to do on this query.

profile.country.GB.title
frankiepoo
New

Thank you my friend, now working perfectly!
profile.country.GB.title
JB6361
Explorer

Try this:

It's from the Sony website. I had to turn my TV off after completing all the actions listed and the text returned!

With the introduction of firmware versions 8.464 and 8.764 (the version depends on your TV series), we have decided to adopt a new interactive technology (HbbTV) that improves the user experience. The same feature(s) can be accessed via the red button on your remote, as long as you have a stable internet connection.

We recommend using HbbTV, as it will offer more information and services. However, you can switch back to the old (MHEG) function by following the steps below:

1. Press the [Home] button on the remote to enter the Home menu
  2. Go to [Settings] > [System Settings] and press OK  to open the Settings menu
  3. Go to [Channel Setup] > [Digital Setup] > [Interactive Application Setup][Interactive Application] > Set select Off
  4. Press the [Home] button on the remote to exit from the Settings menu and return to the broadcast
  5. Pressing the red button or [Teletext] button on the remote will launch the MHEG application*

*NOTE: If the issue continues after step 5, please unplug and then replug your TV's AC power cord.