Join now - be part of our community!

*** KD55X7053 / BDP-S490 Sound issue

profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

*** KD55X7053 / BDP-S490 Sound issue

Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve logged in to the community but, as I’m having an issue with sound on the above TV, I need the help of community members!

So, I have the KD55X7053 TV and I connected a Sony BDP-S490 to the TV using an HDMI cable in to HDMI 2 but, although a DVD will play, there is no sound?

This TV only has 3 HDMI ports and I’ve always used HDMI 2 (ARC) for my Sony players but, on this occasion, the sound is not working?

So, can any community members help me out with this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

Just checking, this is the Sony Community were members can get help with issues on their SONY Products?                                                                      

I posted the message above last Sunday and I can’t believe that, after having over a hundred views, I’ve not received one response from the Sony experts who roam these forums! 

After posting on AVFORUMS, it was suggested that I go in to the player settings/audio and choose PCM but that didn’t work!

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @brave01heart, have you tested different HDMI cable? Maybe the cable is faulty. Also make sure that the TV settings are adjusting to output the sound from the connected speaker by pressing Settings > system settings > setup > AV setup > speakers > select audio system.

Hope it helps. :slight_smile: