Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8305C unresponsive

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Muncjac
New

KD-43X8305C unresponsive

Our 6 year old TV has stopped being responsive - all we can get is 4 circles turning round on the screen and nothing else. We have tried all the Sony suggested solutions and even talked to a Sony engineer, but still not working. We were told to contact a Sony repair repair centre. The only thing we have'nt done is try updating the firmware, but it would have to be by USB and I have no idea if we have been receiving regular updates or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Ahh the old, the mainboard has failed. This happened to my own Sony TV, different model from yours at

the grand old age of one soon after a software update was applied.

Luckily my TV was still under a 5 year warranty so repair was free, repair person said it was a common fault for Sony and the part is about £140-00. TV is now three years old works flawlessly and had two further software updates and survived.

Don't know if the price you were quoted reflects a world shortage of parts, your TV is from 2015 so that part has been lying around for a while, you have to factor in labour costs. On any piece of equipment any price you pay for a component will always seem excessive compared to the retail price of the full unit.

This is the time of year when TV manufacturers introduce their 2022 models.

As the new models go on sale you should see the prices of last years models reducing

you could play a waiting game and see how retailers like John Lewis or Currys are 

discounting last years models. They both offer 5 year guarantees.

richer Sounds offer a 6 year guarantee.

Often the new models are just last years models with a new case and stand, shop wisely.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Here is a link to the last firmware update (April 2021) for your TV,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/software/00259462

Although as your TV is unresponsive I have no idea how you would go about installing it.

profile.country.GB.title
Muncjac
New

Thanks for your suggestion, since this post we have had Hughes look at the TV and they state that the 'mother board' is corrupted and that the replacement part and repair would cost £370! Is this because of a world shortage of components? We are getting a new TV!

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Ahh the old, the mainboard has failed. This happened to my own Sony TV, different model from yours at

the grand old age of one soon after a software update was applied.

Luckily my TV was still under a 5 year warranty so repair was free, repair person said it was a common fault for Sony and the part is about £140-00. TV is now three years old works flawlessly and had two further software updates and survived.

Don't know if the price you were quoted reflects a world shortage of parts, your TV is from 2015 so that part has been lying around for a while, you have to factor in labour costs. On any piece of equipment any price you pay for a component will always seem excessive compared to the retail price of the full unit.

This is the time of year when TV manufacturers introduce their 2022 models.

As the new models go on sale you should see the prices of last years models reducing

you could play a waiting game and see how retailers like John Lewis or Currys are 

discounting last years models. They both offer 5 year guarantees.

richer Sounds offer a 6 year guarantee.

Often the new models are just last years models with a new case and stand, shop wisely.

profile.country.GB.title
Muncjac
New

I have now ordered a 2021 Sony, supposedly with £100 discount, hope if it goes wrong this time its within the 5 year Guarantee!