Join now - be part of our community!

How to get rid of Freeview viewing

profile.country.GB.title
chrissymx5
Explorer

How to get rid of Freeview viewing

I have a Bravia TV and decided to explore Freeview as I had never found or used it.

I discovered it but when I go to TV guide now it comes up in black and white with no BBC channels. 
how can I get the TV back to showing live TV and the guide in colour once again?

I find this infuriating.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

As I have the same TV as you albeit the smaller screen size I have gone through the instructions

several times just to confirm the instructions work, and they do.

Lightfoot has asked you to share a screenshot of your TVs 'Select your default TV app for Digital' page.

Can you do that please. To add an image click on the camera symbol above the text input box.

Have you Restarted the TV (hold the power button down for 5 seconds and select Restart) and then tried switching the settings to see if the TV will now use the YouView EPG, or even switched off, unplugged, waited two minutes started up and tried the switch to YouView.

Have you tried as an experiment to see if other settings change and stick when asked to do so, this is to see if the  TV has become unresponsive to changes.

Sony recently introduced a firmware update for this TV to v6.7480 has your TV either automatically updated

to this version or have you manually installed it.

I have not installed this latest version, I always wait a couple of weeks before installing updates to see if any odd behaviour is experienced after the update and if so give Sony time to sort it out.

Check which version you are running, press Settings on the remote control, click Settings onscreen, scroll down to

Help & Feedback, click right and select Help.

At the bottom left of your screen you will see Model XR-48A90K

and underneath Software version: PKG6.****.****EUA.

Tell us what you are on.

profile.country.GB.title
chrissymx5
Explorer

No I have t solved the problem yet.

as a reminder I’m trying to get my TV out of Freeview mode back to youview mode with channel selection in colour.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Yes we know what you want, and have given you instructions on how to do that.

We have also asked you to share a screenshot of your "Default Digital app" screen, and you haven't.

And asked you if you have updated the TV to the latest version, and you have not confirmed.

Been waiting a week.

profile.country.GB.title
chrissymx5
Explorer

I have sent the screenshot mentioned last week, I just checked back today and it is still there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

As you can see your screenshot has not appeared in this thread.

Where did you send the screenshot, and where can I view it.

You still haven't told us which version of the software you are running.

profile.country.GB.title
chrissymx5
Explorer

image.jpgimage.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
chrissymx5
Explorer

I hope these shots are ok

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

The first screenshot is of the Android version the TV is running, Android has got nothing to do with the settings on the TV.

I wanted the firmware version the TV is running and gave you instructions earlier

on how to find it.

I am trying to ascertain if you have installed the latest version of the firmware and see if that is a possible cause of the problem.

After you have selected Live TV & Catch Up what do you do next, details please.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@daveyh64 

Should she be pressing OK (or  maybe Enter) on the selection, before pressing TV?

If so, that hasn’t been described…

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
chrissymx5
Explorer

Sent from my iPad